Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Pandemic

One Too Many
Who makes this jacket, I can not read the tag. Reminds me of Johnson Leathers work and presentation

You got it! I figured most folks here would recognise the shop floor. It’s The Jin Special with a few tweaks. I actually spec’ed a single pull zipper, so they will be changing that out before shipping it to me tomorrow.

Last edited:

dannyk

One Too Many
With my attempts to branch out from black cross-zips and experiment I picked up that cream deerskin; I’m also picking up this 5 Star. I’ve been wanting a suede or rough out jacket for awhile now. Originally I had wanted the Golden Oak Suede that’s been listed on the Lost Worlds sale page for ages. I emailed Stu and he informed me they’ve been sold out for years. You’d think he would update those listings....ever. In any case I didn’t want to go super expensive with my first attempt and 5 Stars seem to be a great bargain as we all have seen their work plenty now. I went with a stock extra small. I’m not sold on the sizing for me. But I’ve never owned a jacket like this before and since I don’t know how it will fit I wasn’t prepared to go custom. Shawn just said the jackets completed and sent me a bunch of photos I won’t post all of them. Here’s a few. As I said not sure the sizing will work...but since this is a stock extra small it’s returnable. If that is the case it’s basically a test jacket and I’ll have a perfect base of numbers to size off of. I’m hoping I won’t have to and this fits as that saves time, money, and I really just want to wear it!
8A3E78CC-F465-4A00-8162-9D93A8ECA036.jpeg
3263F0F2-A875-4035-989E-FF4F84CEBA18.jpeg

97328638-3561-4A09-BD08-E6DBAA548940.jpeg

Last edited:

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
With my attempts to branch out from black cross-zips and experiment I picked up that cream deerskin; I’m also picking up this 5 Star. I’ve been wanting a suede or rough out jacket for awhile now. Originally I had wanted the Golden Oak Suede that’s been listed on the Lost Worlds sale page for ages. I emailed Stu and he informed they’ve been sold out for years. You’d think he would update those listings....ever. In any case I didn’t want to go super expensive with my first attempt and 5 Stars seem to be a great bargain as we all have seen their work plenty now. I went with a stock extra small. I’m not sold on the sizing for me. But I’ve never owned a jacket like this before and since I don’t know how it will fit I wasn’t prepared to go custom. Shawn just said the jackets completed and sent me a bunch of photos I won’t post all of them. Here’s a few. As I said not sure the sizing will work...but since this is a stock extra small it’s returnable. If that is the case it’s basically a test jacket and I’ll have a perfect base of numbers to size off of. I’m hoping I won’t have to and this fits as that saves time, money, and I really just want to wear it!
View attachment 316471 View attachment 316473
View attachment 316472

Looks good here, hope it fits well! Let me know if you want the measurements on my deerskin trucker.

Yes it was an auction without an offer but the seller closed the auction and relisted with a BIN and sent me the link. The BIN was the price I offered the seller in a message. I offer the seller a good price about the top I see Cal racers sell. I still have the fine Cal racer I purchased for you but this one has the pads and sunset back

Well played Jon, well played. You adapted quickly to the mid-game change in rules. Edit: I re-read Jon's post. He didn't adapt, he himself changed the rules. Even more impressed lol

Wow, @Carlos840 and @JMax were getting ready to battle to death over this Cal but @jonbuilder scooped everybody. TFL is becoming cutthroat, lol! No mercy. :)

Now the only hope is in catch and release.

I've already got one so am somewhat mollified. I was looking forward to my early morning Thunderdome session with @Carlos840. And yes, it seems that Jon is the newest shark into the tank. lol. Too funny. Seriously though, the jacket went to a Cal aficionado. It found a good home.

That's crap!
For once there is one on our side of the ocean and one of you guys still manages to cut the line...

Yeah... Don't see why people from the US would buy USA made jackets in Europe, when they're so easily available in the States. Especially with the shipping costs and import taxes; Though from what I gather, they rarely tax anything over there.

Tho seems like Mintvintage is losing a ton of money by charging 30 quid for shipping to the US. That can't cover half of it, even if shipped by boat.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Yeah... Don't see why people from the US would buy USA made jackets in Europe, when they're so easily available in the States. Especially with the shipping costs and import taxes; Though from what I gather, they rarely tax anything over there.

Tho seems like Mintvintage is losing a ton of money by charging 30 quid for shipping to the US. That can't cover half of it, even if shipped by boat.
Yeah, they haven't taxed shipments over here but it is just a matter of time. They've been printing money like it's going out of style, so they need to get some of it back.

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's crap!
For once there is one on our side of the ocean and one of you guys still manages to cut the line...
I hope you are not upset. With snip programs, it would have gone to who has the deepest pockets. My jacket purchases concentrate on vintage and then California-made jackets. I purposely did not bid on the California Sportwear Terry just acquired knowing he was interested in research I would most like just drive the price up for him

Last edited:

jonbuilder

From what I understand shipping from the UK to the US is much less than the cost with USPS to ship from the US to the UK .
I do believe MV is recovering his shipping cost.
Well preserved vintage Cal racers in my size are not readily available in the US especially if I factor in shoulder pads and sunset back.
We do not pay import tax on US-made goods or any item less than $800 which applies in this case.

jonbuilder

Well played Jon, well played. You adapted quickly to the mid-game change in rules. Edit: I re-read Jon's post. He didn't adapt, he himself changed the rules. Even more impressed lol
Full disclosure MV relisted with a BIN anyone could have hit the BIN prior to me. I sent my offer yesterday morning and did not check back into eBay until early this morning and saw MV had replied to my offer message with the new listing link no other communication.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
It would be better if eBay sent an email to all watchers that auction had ended and then an update about re-listing. Then everyone would have equal chance to BIN. But that is perhaps too much to ask of eBay.

Regardless, it is annoying. You guys can find one within a week for like $50 on Craigslist or Poshmark or whatever while Europeans have to wait forever for something to turn up in EU.

Here, a $100 Cal. You're welcome.
https://poshmark.com/listing/Vintage-leather-motorcycle-police-jacket-5fde7081446e59eaa405c206

In fairness, the Cal CRs are much harder to come by, especially in larger sizes at reasonable prices. I get what you are saying though. Hell, I’m having a hard enough time spotting your Vanson in Europe.

In fairness, the Cal CRs are much harder to come by, especially in larger sizes at reasonable prices. I get what you are saying though. Hell, I’m having a hard enough time spotting your Vanson in Europe.

There's a mean Hardcore sz. 44 in France right now. Cheap, too! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner