Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
My best friend has been helping me a lot with the works on my house.
Together we have completely redone the entire heating system (we moved 13 cast iron radiators, the heaviest one was 180kg/400lb, it had to go down 44 steps!), layed 80 sheets of drywall in the basement, done a bunch of electrical work, we basically spend at least 1 or 2 days a week working here, for what seems like a year, maybe more, it never ends...

He makes fun about my leather jacket "problem", but recently he tried on my ELMC windward and i could see he was really into it, he kept it on all evening and by the time he left he was caling it "my new jacket"...
That same evening i checked on eBay and there was the exact same size (42L) jacket for sale but in brown rather than black. (he is definitely a man in brown more than a man in black). My Mate's birthday was in a month, I hit BIN on the spot.

The jacket ended up stuck in customs for a month and a half, infortunate i missed his Bday but it was finally released today.

Going to go pick it up on Monday, should give it to him next week, he has no idea...
It's his first leather jacket:

Uqvo8fk.jpg

4R3bJLm.jpg

qubYUSG.jpg

I doubt he is going to become a TFL weirdo like us, but i think his first step into the leather jacket world wil be a good one.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Together we have completely redone the entire heating system (we moved 13 cast iron radiators, the heaviest one was 180kg/400lb, it had to go down 44 steps!), layed 80 sheets of drywall in the basement, done a bunch of electrical work, we basically spend at least 1 or 2 days a week working here, for what seems like a year, maybe more, it never ends...

He makes fun about my leather jacket "problem", but recently he tried on my ELMC windward and i could see he was really into it, he kept it on all evening and by the time he left he was caling it "my new jacket"...
That same evening i checked on eBay and there was the exact same size (42L) jacket for sale but in brown rather than black. (he is definitely a man in brown more than a man in black). My Mate's birthday was in a month, I hit BIN on the spot.

The jacket ended up stuck in customs for a month and a half, infortunate i missed his Bday but it was finally released today.

Going to go pick it up on Monday, should give it to him next week, he has no idea...

Uqvo8fk.jpg

4R3bJLm.jpg

qubYUSG.jpg

I doubt he is going to become a TFL weirdo like us, but i think his first step into the leather jacket world wil be a good one.

Nice!!!

dannyk

One Too Many

Uqvo8fk.jpg

4R3bJLm.jpg

qubYUSG.jpg

Gotta say he’s an awesome friend for helping you so much. And you’re an amazing friend for repaying him with such a gift. That’s friendship goals right there.

Cornelius

Practically Family

Uqvo8fk.jpg

4R3bJLm.jpg

qubYUSG.jpg

Well done! As someone who's frequently helped out friends & family with their home improvement projects myself, I'd say this gift will be quite a surprise & very much appreciated by your friend. (Especially after moving & refitting those cast iron radiators! I have 7 in my house [built ~1885] and can assure you they will never be moved. Just did all the trim & floor work around them...)

TG3

One of the Regulars

Uqvo8fk.jpg

4R3bJLm.jpg

qubYUSG.jpg

Now that's what I call a friendship. Good on ya Carlos!

roadking04

Practically Family
I am trying to decide what to get next. I lost a few pounds and am down to my "summer riding weight". lol. Just another reason to get another jacket. This jacket will have to fit on the snugger side. It will be used in warmer weather with the lapels opened and just a t shirt. If the jacket is a size too big, it tends to balloon up and act like a sail. My current 618 is a size 46 and probably a size to big(I can layer a Carhartt sweatshirt underneath).

I am leaning hard on a steerhide 618 in a size 44. My actual chest measurement is 44. I always thought a leather jacket with patches was the epitome of cool. This jacket will get patches added to it. I am also considering the Vanson Rock and Roll jacket. It might be a tad too heavy for summer riding, but damn, that is a perfect name for THAT jacket. Decisions, decisions. lol.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
I am trying to decide what to get next. I lost a few pounds and am down to my "summer riding weight". lol. Just another reason to get another jacket. This jacket will have to fit on the snugger side. It will be used in warmer weather with the lapels opened and just a t shirt. If the jacket is a size too big, it tends to balloon up and act like a sail. My current 618 is a size 46 and probably a size to big(I can layer a Carhartt sweatshirt underneath).

I am leaning hard on a steerhide 618 in a size 44. My actual chest measurement is 44. I always thought a leather jacket with patches was the epitome of cool. This jacket will get patches added to it. I am also considering the Vanson Rock and Roll jacket. It might be a tad too heavy for summer riding, but damn, that is a perfect name for THAT jacket. Decisions, decisions. lol.

Good luck with the new project!

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up

Go for the Vanson and let us know how it works out please.
I have always wanted a twin track jacket, but i kinda want to try one out first as i think the double zipper thing might be hard to size.
The Lewis Leathers Bronx also has that feature and is super cool too.

roadking04

Practically Family
but i kinda want to try one out first as i think the double zipper thing might be hard to size.

That is what is scaring me away from the RandR. That, and my last competition leather from Vanson was complete garbage. I don't think they stock the RandR either. I believe they have to make one up, which can also be very unpredictable with Vanson. If I went with Vanson, I would probably go with their X or Z leather. I am pretty confident the Vanson would work on the m/c.

If I lived across the pond, I would go for the Lewis. That jacket just says British rock and roll. British history. I hope to have a Lewis someday, just for the nostalgia alone.

I know as the collection hopefully grows, these jackets will be must haves. Not sure what to get first. lol

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
That is what is scaring me away from the RandR. That, and my last competition leather from Vanson was complete garbage. I don't think they stock the RandR either. I believe they have to make one up, which can also be very unpredictable with Vanson. If I went with Vanson, I would probably go with their X or Z leather. I am pretty confident the Vanson would work on the m/c.

If I lived across the pond, I would go for the Lewis. That jacket just says British rock and roll. British history. I hope to have a Lewis someday, just for the nostalgia alone.

I know as the collection hopefully grows, these jackets will be must haves. Not sure what to get first. lol

My Vanson Cycle king was made with what was left of the last batch of X-150.
They have changed supplier since and i have no idea what their current X is like.
I really hope it hasn't gone the same way the Comp Weight has gone...

The Cycle king really is a super Vanson too, i probably even like it more than my custom Commando, it really is a great jacket.
It is super V shaped, short in the body, very comforable forward reach, probably my favourite Vanson, at least top three.
I think it's great value for money.

https://hdoriginals.archivea.com/shop/1888

dannyk

One Too Many
My Vanson Cycle king was made with what was left of the last batch of X-150.
They have changed supplier since and i have no idea what their current X is like.
I really hope it hasn't gone the same way the Comp Weight has gone...

The Cycle king really is a super Vanson too, i probably even like it more than my custom Commando, it really is a great jacket.
It is super V shaped, short in the body, very comforable forward reach, probably my favourite Vanson, at least top three.
I think it's great value for money.

https://hdoriginals.archivea.com/shop/1888
Damn the cycle king is a grail to me and I’ve wanted it for years. I am planning on getting it within the next few paychecks. I wanted it to be first here so damn you @Carlos840 for beating me!!! Haha. But on the other hand good to hear it’s a killer jacket. I knew it would be.

roadking04

Practically Family
I am not really sure what is going on in Fall River. I guess they lost their current supplier of comp. weight?(a good thing) They have had EVERYTHING on sale for months. Almost like they are trying to get rid of their old stock and (hopefully) start over? If they can nail down a few good leather options, they would be the way to go.

That Cycle King is completely awesome. I wish I had my younger V shape back. lol. That is probably why I like Schott. 5'10" 195lbs, 44" chest, 35-36" waist with a beer belly that can fluctuate. Weight lifting days are long gone.

dannyk

One Too Many
I am not really sure what is going on in Fall River. I guess they lost their current supplier of comp. weight?(a good thing) They have had EVERYTHING on sale for months. Almost like they are trying to get rid of their old stock and (hopefully) start over? If they can nail down a few good leather options, they would be the way to go.

That Cycle King is completely awesome. I wish I had my younger V shape back. lol. That is probably why I like Schott. 5'10" 195lbs, 44" chest, 35-36" waist with a beer belly that can fluctuate. Weight lifting days are long gone.
Yeah so a few years ago there was a fire that wiped out their supplier. They found a new full time supplier last year and they closed due to Covid. Permanently closed that is. No idea what they are doing currently.

Last edited:

roadking04

Practically Family
No idea what they are doing currently.

I hope they are not having a going out of business sale, everything goes. I know the owners are probably getting older and maybe are looking to retire? I hope not. They can knock it out of the park if they can find a great supplier. I would love to see them team up with Horween. That would be a perfect match.

dannyk

One Too Many
Work more overtime. Get it quicker! I can't wait to see it. You are gonna rock that jacket. I have never seen it before until now, WOW!
I’m contract. I can’t work OT. Normally more than ok with that. For this scenario I am not. Everything that can go wrong has. For the first time in years I got a decent chunk of money back in my tax returns. Enough to cover the Cycle King minus taxes and shipping. Which is insignificant in relation to its cost. I took my car to the shop yesterday for what I thought would be a simple alignment issue. Instead I find out my brakes are falling apart and shredding my tires. They want 1,300 to fix it. I was like I just want it to make it to September. I get married then. Most of my money is going towards paying that stuff off. Then the money we get from the wedding I’m taking a chunk for a down payment on a new car. I’m
Not spending 1,300 on a car I need for a few more months. They wanted 4 new brakes, 4 new tires and an alignment. I took a look and said the front brakes and tires have to go. I’ll do the front half so I don’t die. But there goes my vanson. Ughhh

Last edited:

dannyk

One Too Many
I hope they are not having a going out of business sale, everything goes. I know the owners are probably getting older and maybe are looking to retire? I hope not. They can knock it out of the park if they can find a great supplier. I would love to see them team up with Horween. That would be a perfect match.
They have done that once or twice. Actually @Carlos840 has one of them. Because of course he does haha.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Damn the cycle king is a grail to me and I’ve wanted it for years. I am planning on getting it within the next few paychecks. I wanted it to be first here so damn you @Carlos840 for beating me!!! Haha. But on the other hand good to hear it’s a killer jacket. I knew it would be.

Cheeky fit pics, just took these, struggled with harsh light and can't use lightroom anymore, pics aren't the best...

1SdwFnR.jpg

oLgIxdT.jpg

9VbBFiW.jpg

It's really a cool jacket, it has a bit of a bell shape when worn open which some people can't deal with, i don't mind.

dannyk

One Too Many
Cheeky fit pics, just took these, struggled with harsh light and can't use lightroom anymore, pics aren't the best...

1SdwFnR.jpg

oLgIxdT.jpg

9VbBFiW.jpg

It's really a cool jacket, it has a bit of a bell shape when worn open which some people can't deal with, i don't mind.
I figured that going in. It’s definitely that 50s to early 60s style that usually ended up in either bell or V shape. In any case as much as you beat me to it on TFL it’s a killer jacket that Vanson has had hidden away on the HD page for years. Which is special because it’s such a cool jacket that so few know about. Can’t wait for proper pics and a proper write up. Sometime this year it will be mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner