Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

dannyk

One Too Many
Great fit Carlos. Really a cool jacket that is buried in the internet. Sometimes I am amazed at what is hidden out there. I am really feeling Danny's pain after these pics. lol.
I kid you not I have looked at it on and off for years. For years. @JMax can confirm cause we’ve chatted about it and he recommended Constantine to me last year.
Only thing holding me back was fit. I’m 5’7 130lbs the small could still be large on me. Last year I even went back and forth with Constantine from Vanson a few times. I asked if it was strictly an HD contract or if they could make it themselves? As in if the small didn’t fit; could and would Vanson make me an exact replica in a custom smaller size? Constantine said they could and would; not an issue. But if I wanted to do that because of the supplier issues it could take forever. So now with my wedding coming up all my money has been going to that. You know DJs and Photogs etc... so I told myself if my tax returns come back well this year I’m buying the small on the HD page to at least try it. They came back perfect. Then my car does this. I shall for now at least live through @Carlos840.

Cheeky fit pics, just took these, struggled with harsh light and can't use lightroom anymore, pics aren't the best...

1SdwFnR.jpg

oLgIxdT.jpg

9VbBFiW.jpg

It's really a cool jacket, it has a bit of a bell shape when worn open which some people can't deal with, i don't mind.

I just added this jacket to my wish list. Been looking at it for years and never get around to it.

dannyk

One Too Many
I just added this jacket to my wish list. Been looking at it for years and never get around to it.
Ahaha I just tagged you in this thread above a comment or two. About this exact thing. We’ve talked about it for like 4-5 years!

Ahaha I just tagged you in this thread above a comment or two. About this exact thing. We’ve talked about it for like 4-5 years!

Ha, I saw just after I posted. It definitely is a cool jacket and judging by how it looks on Carlos, one of Vanson’s better ones. This old HD jacket and the patch-pocketless D are two of my favorite vintage MC jackets.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Ha, I saw just after I posted. It definitely is a cool jacket and judging by how it looks on Carlos, one of Vanson’s better ones. This old HD jacket and the patch-pocketless D are two of my favorite vintage MC jackets.

Mine is a Medium, same as what i wear in the commando.
The HD is IMO a better pattern than the commando, it is shorter, has better shaped sleeves, i find it more comfortable.
The patch pockets on this jacket are pretty useless, you can fit a phone in them, or flat things.
They look cool but aren't fonctional.

dannyk

One Too Many
The HD is IMO a better pattern than the commando, it is shorter, has better shaped sleeves, i find it more comfortable.
The patch pockets on this jacket are pretty useless, you can fit a phone in them, or flat things.
Can’t speak for @JMax but to me this jacket is meant for just cool. You look at it and instantly think “fuc***g cool!” So if they are kinda useless that’s fine by me. I wanted it simply cause it screams cool.

This is one where I think I would be an in between size. Like pretty much all of Vanson’s S-M-L sized jackets. I can say that going to Vanson direct is easy and they will build it to within a certain spec. I guess I would have to do that again.

Can’t speak for @JMax but to me this jacket is meant for just cool. You look at it and instantly think “fuc***g cool!” So if they are kinda useless that’s fine by me. I wanted it simply cause it screams cool.

I agree. I hardly ever use any of the pockets, inside or out. In fact, when I can, I request no internal pockets. I made that mistake with the Chopper. The leather lined pockets add a bit of bulk to the mid section. Though it’s vastly improved as the Octagon/X150 breaks in.

abone

A-List Customer
I just bought a Chopper from Vanson’s nearly new stock. It’s actually a new jacket in comp weight and black rayon, size 42. It had a small construction issue they have repaired and according to Kim V, not visible, or barely. Hence a big discount.
It’s in the matte finish comp weight so not sure if that’s the good stuff or not so good stuff. I’d assume built sometime last year...not entirely sure.
I’ll know more in 10 days or so when it arrives.

Cheeky fit pics, just took these, struggled with harsh light and can't use lightroom anymore, pics aren't the best...

1SdwFnR.jpg

oLgIxdT.jpg

9VbBFiW.jpg

It's really a cool jacket, it has a bit of a bell shape when worn open which some people can't deal with, i don't mind.

This is pretty damn perfect, as a jacket and the way it fits. I don't mind the bell fit once unzipped at all. It's got those super cool 50's lapel's, too. This one I'd love to have!

roadking04

Practically Family
I think I am going with the 618. There are too many variables with Vanson right now. Mainly the quality of their hides. Hopefully they get it together and I will have a reason to get another jacket. I am getting an itchy trigger finger and I need a jacket to break in while I am waiting on my JL.

I am a little hesitant about the Schott steerhide. I have had 2 jackets in their horse and I really like the shiny leather. I hope the steer is close.

I think I am going with the 618. There are too many variables with Vanson right now. Mainly the quality of their hides. Hopefully they get it together and I will have a reason to get another jacket. I am getting an itchy trigger finger and I need a jacket to break in while I am waiting on my JL.

I am a little hesitant about the Schott steerhide. I have had 2 jackets in their horse and I really like the shiny leather. I hope the steer is close.

Agreed. I'd only buy either their HH - 613 in HH I have is made out of stunningly beautiful hide and more I wear it, I vastly prefer it to Steerhide or even most other jackets I got - though I wouldn't ignore Schott naked cow. But, given an option, horsehide4lyfe.

roadking04

Practically Family
Agreed. I'd only buy either their HH - 613 in HH I have is made out of stunningly beautiful hide and more I wear it, I vastly prefer it to Steerhide or even most other jackets I got - though I wouldn't ignore Schott naked cow. But, given an option, horsehide4lyfe.

Damn, I just ordered the steer. lol. I figured I would give it a try. Now I am really doubting my choice. I hope the steer is somewhat comparable.

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
This one, oh boy, we'll see how it is. Never seen it before in the Schott line up. Reminds a lot of the Ridley except no belt loops and interestingly enough has side/back laces. Never had a D pocket before but was looking for something really clean like the Ridley that didn't have epaulettes or permanent belt. Most of the models from various makers have the belt and/or epaulettes. Hoping it's not usual Schott barrel sizing. It's in the PER line which I think is based more on vintage styles, so hoping it's cut a little tighter.

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
I like this jacket i almost bought it tbh I had a perfect before an its a great jacket def. A better than the average line up, schott always delivers on a collaboration piece. Let me know how it goes, an def hmu if you move it on

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Edit- had a per 2 before
YEah, I saw the Per2 as well. Looks nice, but I got plenty in that style. The Per3 arrived on Sat. I put some pics in WAYWT thread earlier today. It's pretty nice. Not the usual Schott oversize sizing, but not quite trim and sleek either. I was expecting more from a Per labeled jacket with the leather. I thought those jackets were already broken in or vintaged or whatever. This seems to be their basic 600 series leather. Not bad, but had something different in mind. We'll see how it evolves. But I like the clean lines without the belt and epaulettes, and the side laces make it unique. It's super comfortable too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters