Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Same here. I really like the jacket even though I typically don't prefer pre-destressed leather.

Same here, I tried one of those pre distressed leather once and I sold it right away. I do like properly repaired jackets though, adds a bit of character so long as the damage is not too bad

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
upload_2021-3-30_16-8-50.png

It does actually look both too small and too big at the same time. I added blue lines to highlight the "too small" part. See how the leather folds and stretches from the button to the shoulders? To me that looks like a sign of the jacket being too tight.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 322712

It does actually look both too small and too big at the same time. I added blue lines to highlight the "too small" part. See how the leather folds and stretches from the button to the shoulders? To me that looks like a sign of the jacket being too tight.
those blue lines, if I had a dollar for every Aero jacket I see like that... well

I think that's a design issue many of us have remarked about. Some of us have put comments in the other thread you started, but it's not just the measurements, it's also the style of jacket. Military stuff is going to be more droopy shoulder, straight line through the body, unless it's a reinterpretation like Thedi is doing. But Aero is more repro. For off the shelf, that is the best you can get and it's actually not bad. Size up, you fix the chest but everything else will be ridic big. Size down will be a bigger disaster for those neck lines.

edit: I also agree with Tom. While you can't expect dramatic changes to the leather, I think some wearing will help some of the problem areas settle in some, while leaving the more spot on measurements in place.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
those blue lines, if I had a dollar for every Aero jacket I see like that... well

I think that's a design issue many of us have remarked about. Some of us have put comments in the other thread you started, but it's not just the measurements, it's also the style of jacket. Military stuff is going to be more droopy shoulder, straight line through the body, unless it's a reinterpretation like Thedi is doing. But Aero is more repro. For off the shelf, that is the best you can get and it's actually not bad. Size up, you fix the chest but everything else will be ridic big. Size down will be a bigger disaster for those neck lines.

edit: I also agree with Tom. While you can't expect dramatic changes to the leather, I think some wearing will help some of the problem areas settle in some, while leaving the more spot on measurements in place.

I'm not sure that it is the infamous Aero neck hole creases. Don't those creases usually run in the opposite direction? From the neck and slightly outwards towards the armholes. I could be wrong but I also feel pretty sure that this is something else.

Riu

Practically Family
Very nice. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
I had also looked at the jackets of the trainees. Unfortunately all too short. Both body and sleeves.

Thank you! I'm hoping it will fit nicely. I'm the opposite - initially I wanted to go with the Board Racer since I like the fit but again too tight on the chest and a bit long on the sleeves I thought I'd give this CR a try since it's a bit shorter and p2p seems great :)

Were you looking only at Cafe Racers?

Last edited:

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you! I'm hoping it will fit nicely. I'm the opposite - initially I wanted to go with the Board Racer since I like the fit but again too tight on the chest and a bit long on the sleeves I thought I'd give this CR a try since it's a bit shorter and p2p seems great :)

I look at all sorts of things, but always knowing that the dimensions will never fit me ;-)

Reactions: Riu

Riu

Practically Family
This looks awesome! I hope you get it soon and that it fits better than the last Aero!

Thank you! I think the BR is a better fit for my body so I hope is going to be a good fit. My main concern is around the shoulders with this one. We'll see :)

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Thank you! I think the BR is a better fit for my body so I hope is going to be a good fit. My main concern is around the shoulders with this one. We'll see :)
@Riu I was also watching it as the BR is my favorite Aero style and by far my best fitting Aero jacket (I've been through most of their jacket styles and sold most of them). I'm crossing my fingers that it will fit you well!

Riu

Practically Family
@Riu I was also watching it as the BR is my favorite Aero style and by far my best fitting Aero jacket (I've been through most of their jacket styles and sold most of them). I'm crossing my fingers that it will fit you well!

Thank you @Robbie79! I don't have wide shoulders and probably that's why the BR is a good fit for me. I suppose we have similar builds. If it doesn't fit me well, most likely I'll have to look for a BR.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab

That 44 Board Racer in Cordo HH on Aero´s "Apprentice" page looks juicy. All measurements my size, but I am resisting. Not least because I will face a 23% upcharge on import and god knows how long a wait (got a parcel from UK stuck in customs

Reactions: Riu

Riu

Practically Family
That 44 Board Racer in Cordo HH on Aero´s "Apprentice" page looks juicy. All measurements my size, but I am resisting. Not least because I will face a 23% upcharge on import and god knows how long a wait (got a parcel from UK stuck in customs

They've got some nice additions on the apprentice page indeed. I'm the same with ordering from USA - especially now with Brexit it's all messed up so I try to order from UK as much as possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy