Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
They've got some nice additions on the apprentice page indeed. I'm the same with ordering from USA - especially now with Brexit it's all messed up so I try to order from UK as much as possible.

...likewise, I now prefer to order from the US/Canada. Upcharge is the same difference, and custom clearance is better (or so it would appear), as customs officials apparently are still striuggling with the "new" regime.

Reactions: Riu

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Thank you! I think the BR is a better fit for my body so I hope is going to be a good fit. My main concern is around the shoulders with this one. We'll see :)

I think a smaller shoulder will look better on a cafe racer since you have shoulder gussets to help with ease of movement

@Riu Just as a comparison - black CR and battered tan BR - both have same size so I'm sure it could work out for you, too:

View attachment 323037

View attachment 323038

Yes the battered tan BR looks so much better plus the choice of leather makes it more interesting. Lovely hide

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Riu

Practically Family
I think a smaller shoulder will look better on a cafe racer since you have shoulder gussets to help with ease of movement

I agree with that, wish it was smaller on the CR for a 38. This one is 18" and my best fit is 17" so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out how it fits me.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab

Yes the battered tan BR looks so much better plus the choice of leather makes it more interesting. Lovely hide

I like see the two together Robbie thanks I prefer the broad racer. I wore a cafe racer from Aero for a couple years, I liked it but not one of my long term keepers

Thanks guys for your honest feedback. Do you think the fit of my Cafe Racer is not right (chest, shoulder, etc.) or did you simply mean that you like the BR better? I honestly considered to sell the black CR in November but then decided against selling as it's one of my Wife's favorite leather jackets.
Thanks!
Cheers,
Robbie

upload_2021-3-31_16-34-45.png

upload_2021-3-31_16-34-58.png

Riu

Practically Family
Thanks guys for your honest feedback. Do you think the fit of my Cafe Racer is not right (chest, shoulder, etc.) or did you simply mean that you like the BR better? I honestly considered to sell the black CR in November but then decided against selling as it's one of my Wife's favorite leather jackets.
Thanks!
Cheers,
Robbie

View attachment 323084

View attachment 323085

For me it's a matter of preference, I like how the BR fits you better than the CR but I like trimmer fits so probably that's the reason why :)

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks!
Cheers,
Robbie

View attachment 323084

View attachment 323085

I like the CR better.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
I agree with that, wish it was smaller on the CR for a 38. This one is 18" and my best fit is 17" so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out how it fits me.

If it's CXL that 18" would feel like a 17.75" because of the thickness of the leather and it might make the difference in comfort. My go to is 17.5" for CXL or for hides 3.5oz or greater, 17-17.25" if midweight but can go to as small as 16.5" if it's a really soft leather

Thanks!
Cheers,
Robbie

View attachment 323084

View attachment 323085

The CR fits and looks great and something I would wear myself. Its just preference on the trimmer fit of the BR (especially the sleeves) and the leather choice itself. There you have your answer as the wife agrees on that jacket so you can't move it on. . . Yet

Last edited:

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Took a drive on a beautiful Spring day and came home with this Trio. Two early Wool lined Hercules motorcycle jackets and one pair of boots. Haven't had a parking lot transaction in a few years, everything has gone online. All items came from the same estate. Both jackets are probably size 46. Fit me quite well.

I have a smaller sized Green Lined Hercules. I have only seen one other in the "soft" color lining and belt through style.

I know nothing about the boots.

More on these Hercs to come.

They both need a cleaning.

DSC02978.JPG

Took a drive on a beautiful Spring day and came home with this Trio. Two early Wool lined Hercules motorcycle jackets and one pair of boots. Haven't had a parking lot transaction in a few years, everything has gone online. All items came from the same estate. Both jackets are probably size 46. Fit me quite well.

I have a smaller sized Green Lined Hercules. I have only seen one other in the "soft" color lining and belt through style.

I know nothing about the boots.

More on these Hercs to come.

They both need a cleaning.

View attachment 323272

Awesome! Both beautiful jackets. The seller went from asking $4,000 to $1,000 on eBay. All within hours. Then disappeared. Figured someone came in with a lower offer.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Awesome! Both beautiful jackets. The seller went from asking $4,000 to $1,000 on eBay. All within hours. Then disappeared. Figured someone came in with a lower offer.

The seller was 50 miles. We were talking from the start. The jacket on the left was in the ebay auction. The Green lined and the boots were a separate transaction not part of the auction.

I caution people these were not bought at back yard sale prices. I sometimes get the feeling people think I get this stuff for next to nothing. I don't. I may write up this buy, interesting story with a Happy Ending.

DSC03019.JPG

The seller was 50 miles. We were talking from the start. The jacket on the left was in the ebay auction. The Green lined and the boots were a separate transaction not part of the auction.

I caution people these were not bought at back yard sale prices. I sometimes get the feeling people think I get this stuff for next to nothing. I don't. I may write up this buy, interesting story with a Happy Ending.

View attachment 323273

Based on what I’ve paid for the jackets in my meager vintage collection, I know it isn’t next to nothing. I wish it were. The Cals, except for one, were the most inexpensive. Then, somehow, the Windward. The rest I paid enough to try and avoid mentioning it to the wife. She always says, “for that price you can buy a new one”.

The one he had for sale definitely caught my interest as the price came down. Both are really great jackets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21