Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Honestly, I'd love to end up on that island. It's pretty nice plus the two natural items to sustain life are sunlight and coconut milk. Did you know that?
perfect to run away from zombie apocalypse, but I need some boardgames for me and my imaginary friends to play together at the very least a magnetic chessboard, a volleyball won't do it. and I hope the island is not actually a shell of monster size turtle that occasionally dive into the sea to feed.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Jacket ships from 2 hrs away, travels 4.5 past it’s destination, to travel 3 hours back to city where it was supposed to be delivered.
View attachment 321099
I dislike fedex, and the partner they work together here, worse than somalia pirate that company. they warehoused my small package despite I'm calling interlocal to their head office to ask what should I do to have it processed the first day I see in tracker it arrived at sorting facillity in the airport, nope they just let it sit for weeks without replying to my e-mail, and the person answering the phone was just a lip service machine girl with memorized lines, and then started correspondence for another week once day per mail kind , and quote me money for 3 weeks warehousing, for administration, charged me an interest fee for loaning me money to pay custom, why would they loan me money for, I bank transfer them the first day they inform me how much custom I should pay, if they paid it first and let my item sit in storage for an extra week of storage fee before telling me about custom fee to make money out of me, then it is on them, not me... so I only pay the custom and disputed all other bs charges they try to squeeze me with, and they negotiate the prize, and suggest me an illegal way to pay less custom and so probably they would have leverage to use against me, when I said no they use threat of sending the item back to sender and renegotiate the fee to be lower again until I think F it OK I pay that Sht and they send the package on private motorcycle with no fedex identification whatsoever within the same day after I pay the extra fee, so my package already at my local city just held hostage somewhere. bunch of crook cosplaying as courier service

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Thanks. I'm not a fan of A-2s either but I just needed to cross it off my list and be done with it. I'll have my tailor sew a squadron patch onto it, make it a bit more playful. I thought you had an Eastman A2?

I can't help myself, I just keep finding nice jackets everywhere. Too nice not to buy :)

Edit :typo
@Marc mndt I'm sure a squadron patch would make it more playful - it's a very good fit and IMO A-2's do look good on you (much better than on me).

I totally understand - I was in a similar situation crossing off styles off my list a couple of years ago when I realized that for instance I really don't like A-2 style for some reason and that I want to focus more on leather types (partially still jacket styles) I really like (there are also a lot but fortunately much less than jacket styles).

Man, I'm getting older I actually owned two Eastman A-2 (I forgot one to mention last time we chatted). One was an older one in size 38 (excellent fit for me) and very well broken in HH with a beautiful patina (I received about 750€ for it when selling it on Ebay...I can't find any pics) - sometimes I regret that I sold it, not because of the style but more because of the really nice leather.

I sold another Eastman A2 (one size too big, also too long sleeves) two years ago which I don't regret - leather was quite nice but not as nice as the "vintage" one:
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...0-new-more-expensive-time-worn-version.96697/

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
@Marc mndt I'm sure a squadron patch would make it more playful - it's a very good fit and IMO A-2's do look good on you (much better than on me).

I totally understand - I was in a similar situation crossing off styles off my list a couple of years ago when I realized that for instance I really don't like A-2 style for some reason and that I want to focus more on leather types (partially still jacket styles) I really like (there are also a lot but fortunately much less than jacket styles).

Man, I'm getting older I actually owned two Eastman A-2 (I forgot one to mention last time we chatted). One was an older one in size 38 (excellent fit for me) and very well broken in HH with a beautiful patina (I received about 750€ for it when selling it on Ebay...I can't find any pics) - sometimes I regret that I sold it, not because of the style but more because of the really nice leather.

I sold another Eastman A2 (one size too big, also too long sleeves) two years ago which I don't regret - leather was quite nice but not as nice as the "vintage" one:
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...0-new-more-expensive-time-worn-version.96697/

Those Eastmans look much nicer than this A-2 but it does make sense that you've sold them because they're serious money. Money which is better spent on a jacket style that you really like.

I bought this RL for €169. At that price it's just a fun jacket to have. It's not some particular contract, it's not historically accurate and it's not made from hh. But the leather looks nice, it's well made and it's a perfect fit. That's more than enough to scratch my A-2 itch :)

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
This one will be coming

Late 1930s Police Jacket. Looks to be Goatskin. No makers label. Sunrise Talon Zippers always attract me. like a shiny object, A Jewel. Plenty of Collar on this one.

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

The Schott 628us arrived yesterday. The Horween veg. oil tanned steer hide looks and feels like I think my 50s Langlizt horsehide Langlitz would have been before summited to being worn, smooth, luxurious, conforming to my body. The hide smells a lot like my Himel shinki oil-tanned horsehide.

View attachment 253438

New and improved TFL fit picture checklist
Picture was taken outdoors (I do not carry photographic accessories so I need to ask "say miss/sir/honey/neighbor")
Boots or leather shoes
Felt hat
Shirt tucked
Posed - hand in pocket
jacket zipped belt fastened
Mask
Long trousers
What if anything did I forget?

Would you confirm this is tagged 42? It's hard for me to see in a previous posted pic. Thanks.

Mister Rivets

One of the Regulars
This one should arrive tomorrow as I already paid custom duties yesterday. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping the fit is good after triple checking the measurements with different Japanese websites and photography of fit/size on staff of those stores.

01BoVYY.jpg

Edg0Ln7.jpg

jElyk83.jpg

BNrBhiG.jpg
love this jacket my size too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner