How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by red devil, Feb 12, 2017.

1. ton312

ton312

I do! Apparently I only keep the cheap ones. LOL. I like that jacket though. Another super easy to wear low impact affair.
    It’s a nice light brown cotton in the body, dark brown poly/satin in the sleeves. Build and materials seem good. I may modify the days of future past 70’s jacket in black cow next, if they’ll let me.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
  2. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

I’m a weak, weak…weak man.

1713824F-A944-4F6B-8AE1-084FD1335ED3.jpeg

Horsehide Herc. The mouton beckoned.

Guppy, TREEMAN, Bfd70 and 15 others like this.
  3. Peckinpah

Peckinpah New in Town

Thinking of just going ahead and doing an order for an Aero Wayfarer in Battered Tan.

I own one Aero Jacket, a Highwayman in Tumbled Brown FQHH. I'm guessing the Battered Tan Horsehide will be considerably tougher out the box compared to the Tumbled Brown FQHH?

Marc mndt and Jin431 like this.
  4. Benny Holiday

Benny Holiday My Mail is Forwarded Here

In your defence, how could you reasonably be expected to resist that?

5. Canuck Panda

Canuck Panda Practically Family

2E7BA212-E984-4349-92EE-2B28F48D4002.jpeg
    I cannot recommend battered tan. My batter tan is thin and stiff. I would recommend Natural CXL if you are paying full custom price, and looking for tan color leather. It’s thicker but pliable leather, and IMO the better of the two.

6. Peckinpah

Peckinpah New in Town

Thanks @Canuck Panda I had never even considered the Natural CXL before. Admittedly, it's not one I had ever looked at much, if at all?

I emailed Aero yesterday, so when they get back to me I think I'll ask for a sample of the two to compare them.

Canuck Panda and handymike like this.
  7. I have a battered tan Teamster which is not thin at all but is not quite as heavy as my CXL HH Aero jacket. Of the two...I prefer my Battered Tan......( In different lighting ) 20180603_190531.jpg
    20180427_162419.jpg 20180420_135319.jpg

marker2037, Zoo, Canuck Panda and 6 others like this.
  8. Peckinpah

Peckinpah New in Town

@HoosierDaddy

It was from seeing your teamster before, I decided my next jacket would be in battered tan.

Every time I look at those photos I think, that's incredible.

Canuck Panda likes this.
  9. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

yesterday I was in whatsapp communication with this guy who is the main pattern maker/ cutter working for this leather jacket shop I mto my custom jacket from, after a long pause since he got heavy flu ( i suspect covid), so there is a hope again I will get my cross zip "all fingers crossed" still I don't go near that place, not sure any of the workers there vaccined, I bet none. and my country is going through uncharted territory atm.

10. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Glad to hear about the jacket project, but sorry to read and hear about the Covid situation in your country. Stay safe!

11. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 I'll Lock Up

This purchase should provide some nourishment and make you stronger!

Even though these jackets were advertised with detachable collars I just don't see them, so I do get it. This has a through belt?

Jin431 and JMax like this.
  12. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 I'll Lock Up

I saw the listing; I would have bought it too. Great find, great buy! I noticed 1954 date on the Tag. Got to be the year purchased. That makes it a more interesting find in the Hercules world. A full review is expected.

13. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Yes, through belt.

47B4F4A6-C34D-4C21-B812-5D7F64EEFC3A.jpeg

I saw 1954. Very cool.

I’m somewhat sure the steer one that arrives today is from around 1951.

14. red devil

red devil My Mail is Forwarded Here

[​IMG]

marker2037, willyto, Mrfrown and 13 others like this.
  15. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

Looks great here! How do you like the fit and construction?

red devil likes this.
  16. red devil

red devil My Mail is Forwarded Here

Too early for me to be articulate lol
    This jacket exceeded my already high expectation - it is JL after all - in every aspect!

Will post a thread with some impressions and more pics soon!

17. Leather Walker

Leather Walker One of the Regulars

My first flight jacket! A vintage Gino's with Serval zipper working like the 1st day. No scratches, marks, or breaks on leather. Cuffs and waistbands are in mint condition! Very happy with this for very few bucks.

flightjkt.jpeg

18. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

Collar is glorious! It's real different from your favored Cals but looks good on you. Can you pls share photos of the back of the padded Cal? I'll have one made since I can't seem to find one lol

Leather Walker and Canuck Panda like this.
  19. Leather Walker

Leather Walker One of the Regulars

Thanks, Jin431! The fur collar is in perfect condition for all these years.
    My padded Cals, one made with heavyweight (cowhide?), the other with mid/heavy leather. The 2nd one is completed with a basket Sam Browne belt I got for practically nothing. The next step is finding vtg fur collars for these beauties!

frontback1.jpg

frontback2.jpg

20. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

Oooh those are nice! Thanks for sharing that! Highly appreciate it! Screenshot!

I think I saw one of those basket weave belts on an old star glove posted recently, they do look so cool. New makers will probably charge a pretty penny for those lol
    I heard it's quite hard to come by a properly fitting collar on these old Cals. Looks like the snap placement is different and they are not perfectly interchangeable. @Marc mndt had to send his jacket to Greg at Field Leathers for a mouton collar placement and I saw @Mysteryo make his own fur collars for his jackets too