Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Peckinpah

New in Town
Thinking of just going ahead and doing an order for an Aero Wayfarer in Battered Tan.

I own one Aero Jacket, a Highwayman in Tumbled Brown FQHH. I'm guessing the Battered Tan Horsehide will be considerably tougher out the box compared to the Tumbled Brown FQHH?

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Thinking of just going ahead and doing an order for an Aero Wayfarer in Battered Tan.

I own one Aero Jacket, a Highwayman in Tumbled Brown FQHH. I'm guessing the Battered Tan Horsehide will be considerably tougher out the box compared to the Tumbled Brown FQHH?
2E7BA212-E984-4349-92EE-2B28F48D4002.jpeg

I cannot recommend battered tan. My batter tan is thin and stiff. I would recommend Natural CXL if you are paying full custom price, and looking for tan color leather. It’s thicker but pliable leather, and IMO the better of the two.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
yesterday I was in whatsapp communication with this guy who is the main pattern maker/ cutter working for this leather jacket shop I mto my custom jacket from, after a long pause since he got heavy flu ( i suspect covid), so there is a hope again I will get my cross zip "all fingers crossed" still I don't go near that place, not sure any of the workers there vaccined, I bet none. and my country is going through uncharted territory atm.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
My first flight jacket! A vintage Gino's with Serval zipper working like the 1st day. No scratches, marks, or breaks on leather. Cuffs and waistbands are in mint condition! Very happy with this for very few bucks.

View attachment 347640
Collar is glorious! It's real different from your favored Cals but looks good on you. Can you pls share photos of the back of the padded Cal? I'll have one made since I can't seem to find one lol

Leather Walker

Practically Family
Collar is glorious! It's real different from your favored Cals but looks good on you. Can you pls share photos of the back of the padded Cal? I'll have one made since I can't seem to find one lol

Thanks, Jin431! The fur collar is in perfect condition for all these years.
My padded Cals, one made with heavyweight (cowhide?), the other with mid/heavy leather. The 2nd one is completed with a basket Sam Browne belt I got for practically nothing. The next step is finding vtg fur collars for these beauties!

frontback1.jpg

frontback2.jpg

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, Jin431! The fur collar is in perfect condition for all these years.
My padded Cals, one made with heavyweight (cowhide?), the other with mid/heavy leather. The 2nd one is completed with a basket Sam Browne belt I got for practically nothing. The next step is finding vtg fur collars for these beauties!

View attachment 348039

View attachment 348040

Oooh those are nice! Thanks for sharing that! Highly appreciate it! Screenshot!

I think I saw one of those basket weave belts on an old star glove posted recently, they do look so cool. New makers will probably charge a pretty penny for those lol
I heard it's quite hard to come by a properly fitting collar on these old Cals. Looks like the snap placement is different and they are not perfectly interchangeable. @Marc mndt had to send his jacket to Greg at Field Leathers for a mouton collar placement and I saw @Mysteryo make his own fur collars for his jackets too

Oooh those are nice! Thanks for sharing that! Highly appreciate it! Screenshot!

I think I saw one of those basket weave belts on an old star glove posted recently, they do look so cool. New makers will probably charge a pretty penny for those lol
I heard it's quite hard to come by a properly fitting collar on these old Cals. Looks like the snap placement is different and they are not perfectly interchangeable. @Marc mndt had to send his jacket to Greg at Field Leathers for a mouton collar placement and I saw @Mysteryo make his own fur collars for his jackets too

Check out cop shops or a place like Don Hume, sites like that. Sam Browne belt. Normally between $50-$100 but can be had for less. These are really thick duty belts. Take a bit to break in. I always seem to reach for a belt like the soft one sold by Vanson. But these have their place and are legit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko