Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Just bought this old stock Schott steerhide as a birthday gift to my father, I am happy
7124467fc422847099dad5944e09ea23.jpg
aaa8e48dc33e9f0a6f2e92ec61f3f715.jpg
fc8615f4a1b6911d168a64b0df432c14.jpg
d99bcbc472d3cbbbf6fc5993bca136d0.jpg
That’s a sweet jacket. You’re a good Son Hh.
Impressive all the way around!
Bowen

Edward

Bartender
My new ELMC Californian arrived today.

I love the style. Chest and shoulder are great but it’s a bit roomier through the body than I’m used too, even with the side adjusters pulled all the way in.

Hard to show that in pics though. Maybe I’m just too used to the slim cafe racer fit or maybe I should have gone a size smaller??

52d5efd373dc9a3eb9bcfcba1be24e92.jpg

3cd5e12ae4899132e4430a916656a84b.jpg

Fit is spot on; imo, it would look wrong for this style if it were 'cafe racer tight'

Dav

One Too Many
Well I was planning a trip down to the Eastman showroom later in the summer, but the threatened price increase forced my hand, so I ordered an Irvin last week. Nothing wrong with the Aero one I already own, I just wanted something with more room this time, oh and I had a terrible itch for that broken grain sheepskin that just had to be scratched. Should be here just in time for the start of Summer lol, can't wait. :)

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I had the strangest dream last night-I had contacted John and was put on the waiting list for a GW jacket. Then in the dream, I was staring at this computer page with my invoice, and turns out I had put an order in in 2015 and my jacket was due to be made in 2 months. So so weird.

Edward

Bartender
I had the strangest dream last night-I had contacted John and was put on the waiting list for a GW jacket. Then in the dream, I was staring at this computer page with my invoice, and turns out I had put an order in in 2015 and my jacket was due to be made in 2 months. So so weird.

Better than the dream I had last night (wherein I went back to university to do an MA in archaeology; most of the other student walked out, leaving only me by the end of the first lecture, which consisted of the professor introducing the faculty by means of a two-hour animated video pumping out electronic dance music. I didn't leave only because I fell asleep. Then when awake - in the dream - at the end, when I went to pick up my bag to leave, I realised I had to take the sofa I'd had with me too, but it had broken in two and I had to choose which bit. Then I woke up with the cat batting at my face because she wanted breakfast.....). I wish I'd dreamed about cool jackets!

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Better than the dream I had last night (wherein I went back to university to do an MA in archaeology; most of the other student walked out, leaving only me by the end of the first lecture, which consisted of the professor introducing the faculty by means of a two-hour animated video pumping out electronic dance music. I didn't leave only because I fell asleep. Then when awake - in the dream - at the end, when I went to pick up my bag to leave, I realised I had to take the sofa I'd had with me too, but it had broken in two and I had to choose which bit. Then I woke up with the cat batting at my face because she wanted breakfast.....). I wish I'd dreamed about cool jackets!

God help you.

Jwag

One of the Regulars
It's been a year since my last purchase. I've started the ordering process through Thurston Bros for a 30s halfbelt. This will be my third leather jacket, my second Aero.

Kuro

Practically Family
I just put a Schott P613S in burgundy on layaway... That thing is going to take forever to break in, super stiff Horween steerhide.

So with that and my incoming Aero BR, I should be good for awhile!

I just put a Schott P613S in burgundy on layaway... That thing is going to take forever to break in, super stiff Horween steerhide.

So with that and my incoming Aero BR, I should be good for awhile!

To some, awhile means awhile, to others, not so much. We shall see where you fall.

That burgundy is real nice.

Kuro

Practically Family
Here are some impromptu pics of the Schott P613S in burgundy I will have soon. The shop ordered a large for me to compare sizes so I know 100% what size to get. I realize Schott is not everyone's cup of tea, but this jacket will be mine, and worn often!

These were taken by my wife at the shop so just casual pictures. I have read that the photography that Schott uses for their website is not great, so I found a photo article by Bloomberg late last year that has this jacket photographed professionally so I included here.

For the size, in the photos of me wearing a size medium I am 6'1", 195 lbs. 40.5" chest, I wear dress shirts with 34-35" sleeves. I know that the photos provide little relevant info on fit, I will have better photos when I purchase either the medium or large.

I can't wait!

20180409_201940.jpg 1600x-1.jpg

Kuro

Practically Family
Since it is a slim fit jacket (lacks the footballs in the underarms as I understand), it feels ok in just a t-shirt as pictured, and a bit tight in the arm holes and in the front of the shoulders with some arm movements wearing a flannel shirt. The measurements as provided by Schott suggest the shoulder measurement in the medium as pictured may be too small for me, so I am interested in comparing to the large, even though I expect the medium to be the fit I go with, the large might surprise me?

Kuro. You are the same size, sleeve length, and weight as me. I think the medium looks great on you. great color too.
HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner