Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
I was able to buy all three I was wanting. The half-belt above was the first to arrive. The New one is coming Tuesday.

I just won the auction on the grail jacket. some one else thought it was grail level and bid accordingly, didn't expect this $ level of interest. Nice to know I wasn't alone. Set a record in my book. Grail pieces are typically expensive.

This one will fit me and my collection. It goes to the top in it's category.

I have only seen one like it and it was presented in a thread. I fell in love.

Now I must ready my fall offerings to make room for these new arrivals.

Please tell me you got the AB HB. I wanted to stay up to see the end of the auction but was falling asleep on the couch after being up half the previous night with a sick kiddo, so I went to bed early before the auction finished.

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Unlike Terry who batted 1.000, I only went .500 this weekend but I think I achieved junkie status. First the miss, East West Apple:
EWAC.jpg

Woman's jacket, so no chance of wearing it, but it was flying under the radar with a low opening bid. Not really my wife's jam, but figured maybe my daughter could wear it in about 10 years. Alas, it was not to be, so the search for an East West continues.

Bounced back from that loss with a win yesterday. Cream...check. Fringe...check. Hair-on-hide...check. Might as well jump in with both feet and fully embrace the ostentatious style:
DSW.PNG

I didn’t think my bid would hold. I knew you’d be in on the action. The sleeve and body length far too short for me to really lay it down. With two minutes left I was actually a little worried I would win. I was surprised with 57 watchers so few bid. Congrats on the win. That’s how you do it!
I was able to buy all three I was wanting. The half-belt above was the first to arrive. The New one is coming Tuesday.

I just won the auction on the grail jacket. some one else thought it was grail level and bid accordingly, didn't expect this $ level of interest. Nice to know I wasn't alone. Set a record in my book. Grail pieces are typically expensive.

Last edited:

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up

Normally I would say pics please, but the damn site does not load anyway so might as well wait until jackets show up.

Normally I would say pics please, but the damn site does not load anyway so might as well wait until jackets show up.
IMG_2335.jpeg

I didn’t swing for the fences like Terry. Was thinking I might bunt and get on base. Insanely rare of course. Had the sleeves been 2” longer and there been any kind of front drop this would’ve been a real dust up. I really hope it fits Terry perfectly, if the sleeves and body are long on him I’ll be pissed. LOL.
Toward the end of the auction I was looking at the measurements like this:

IMG_2338.gif

I knew the lengths were too short but there’s that nagging voice of doubt.

Last edited:
View attachment 550951
I didn’t swing for the fences like Terry. Was thinking I might bunt and get on base. Insanely rare of course. Had the sleeves been 2” longer and there been any kind of front drop this would’ve been a real dust up. I really hope it fits Terry perfectly, if the sleeves and body are long on him I’ll be pissed. LOL.

View attachment 550952

Have I seen this jacket here before? Looks familiar. Beauty for sure.

barnabus

One Too Many
Unlike Terry who batted 1.000, I only went .500 this weekend but I think I achieved junkie status. First the miss, East West Apple:
View attachment 550905

Woman's jacket, so no chance of wearing it, but it was flying under the radar with a low opening bid. Not really my wife's jam, but figured maybe my daughter could wear it in about 10 years. Alas, it was not to be, so the search for an East West continues.

Bounced back from that loss with a win yesterday. Cream...check. Fringe...check. Hair-on-hide...check. Might as well jump in with both feet and fully embrace the ostentatious style:
View attachment 550907
Reading this without my glasses on, I thought that mannequin in the pictures was a girl in a pink Spandex bodysuit.

I was somewhat taken aback.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Please tell me you got the AB HB. I wanted to stay up to see the end of the auction but was falling asleep on the couch after being up half the previous night with a sick kiddo, so I went to bed early before the auction finished.
I was getting sleepy too, it was an exciting end
I didn’t think my bid would hold. I knew you’d be in on the action. The sleeve and body length far too short for me to really lay it down. With two minutes left I was actually a little worried I would win. I was surprised with 57 watchers so few bid. Congrats on the win. That’s how you do it!

View attachment 550951

View attachment 550952
Love you man I thought you would be in the mix. I was calling this a grail jacket to keep myself motivated for the winning bid. There is always interest in these wools. The high price tag feels better when you there are other bidders a bid behind. Curious about the other bidders too. I was looking in the "wool" room and found a couple I can't wear, so keep an eye open.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Nearly positive Californian. I was also a little worried about the leather on the back.
You guys were right. The seller was transparent about the leather condition when asked, cancelled the sale at my request, and issued a refund before shipping the jacket. A very responsive seller, would not hesitate to buy from him again, but maybe only a jacket that is in a less "pre-loved" condition, lol.

Reactions: jeo

Nacho

Practically Family
View attachment 550951

View attachment 550952

Dang, this one is sensational. Two-way pocket, action back, half belt and everything. The colour looks good too.

Sheesh, Terry @tmitchell59. I'm jealous! :cool:

One hell of a woolie!!!

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Dang, this one is sensational. Two-way pocket, action back, half belt and everything. The colour looks good too.

Sheesh, Terry @tmitchell59. I'm jealous! :cool:

One hell of a woolie!!!
Please note the selling price..it was not an easy win, but worth the price to me and others. I'm anxious to date the zipper. The seller contacted me about her updating the shipping! The selling price was of interest to her, so she ask about my interest: I
gave her a biography of the jacket, sent her a pic from the 1941 Wards catalog. Just a beautiful garment from pre-war by Rough Wear Clothing Co. A company soon emersed in wartime A2 production. Also a size 44 easily I'm curious of the 2nd bidder?

I'm wearing a July 1939 JC Penney, short wool in a beautiful reddish tone. I was putting it up as too small and getting ready to offer, but I wore it all day! Sorta like a sweater,,,I've got better and lesser fitting, but this is keepable. I'll find another to sell.

Nacho

Practically Family
Please note the selling price..it was not an easy win, but worth the price to me and others. I'm anxious to date the zipper. The seller contacted me about her updating the shipping! The selling price was of interest to her, so she ask about my interest: I
gave her a biography of the jacket, sent her a pic from the 1941 Wards catalog. Just a beautiful garment from pre-war by Rough Wear Clothing Co. A company soon emersed in wartime A2 production. Also a size 44 easily I'm curious of the 2nd bidder?

I'm wearing a July 1939 JC Penney, short wool in a beautiful reddish tone. I was putting it up as too small and getting ready to offer, but I wore it all day! Sorta like a sweater,,,I've got better and lesser fitting, but this is keepable. I'll find another to sell.

I hear ya, Terry. It’s always a good feeling when you won an auction, especially for a beautiful piece of garment like that. Congratulations again! :cool:

I recognize this jacket from the Roughwear thread you started. It looks exactly like the one @RiteStuffBryan
has. The two way pocket was patented by RW, right? It’s one of my favourite designs from vintage jackets. And this blue woolie is just perfect, from the cuffs to the half belt to the action back to the pockets.

Another grail added to your collection, Terry.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Got bored on an off day and saw this pop up - looks like a 1950s Harley Davidson cafe racer. Seller says it's a size 38 women's but pit to pit is 21? Think it's a man's jacket, dunno. Had to check it out

Picture 1 of 11

Picture 7 of 11

Picture 11 of 11
Picture 9 of 11
Picture 8 of 11

Mens. No darts around the chest. Black label, too. Nice find. Dibs if it does not fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff