Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Joining brother @ton312 at the Church of the Third Revelation - There Will Be Wool:
LS_03.jpg

And while I was waiting for that Lasso Western Wear auction to end this wool gabardine H Bar C that looks to be deadstock popped up out of nowhere:
HBC_WG_HB_03.jpg

Interestingly enough, Spencer (dinerman) has examples of both on his Vintage Haberdashers site. He has the Lasso (model name "Imperial") dated to the 50s and the H Bar C to the 40s. That guy is a freaking machine in collecting and dating outerwear.

Three jackets in as many days is probably going to raise suspicions with the wife so it's probably time to take a break.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I hear ya, Terry. It’s always a good feeling when you won an auction, especially for a beautiful piece of garment like that. Congratulations again! :cool:

I recognize this jacket from the Roughwear thread you started. It looks exactly like the one @RiteStuffBryan
has. The two way pocket was patented by RW, right? It’s one of my favourite designs from vintage jackets. And this blue woolie is just perfect, from the cuffs to the half belt to the action back to the pockets.

Another grail added to your collection, Terry.
The Wool Grail in out for delivery!!

Yes, I have always liked the "Two way pockets" before I figured that Rough Wear was the maker. I recently identified another feature of RW jackets. They were suspected as a maker due to their ability to produce garments, now I am recognizing them in more catalog jackets. They are a significant maker for all the catalogs. I see very few RW labeled jackets, they must have focused on catalog production. I see RW jackets with, Sears and Wards labels.

Nacho

Practically Family
The Wool Grail in out for delivery!!

Yes, I have always liked the "Two way pockets" before I figured that Rough Wear was the maker. I recently identified another feature of RW jackets. They were suspected as a maker due to their ability to produce garments, now I am recognizing them in more catalog jackets. They are a significant maker for all the catalogs. I see very few RW labeled jackets, they must have focused on catalog production. I see RW jackets with, Sears and Wards labels.

Can’t wait for your dramatic unboxing and try on video on this thing, Terry! :cool:

Please post your findings on the thread. I’m interested to know.

Last edited:

Nacho

Practically Family

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Wow, the Byrd woolie is outstanding. Fit you very well, Terry.

One hell of a jacket!

Beautiful indeed.
Someday I will do a thread on this guy. Every Jacket Tells a Story. This one does not have the Two Pocket Patent tag. That is s story right there! A most robust garment, I wore it all day. Very warm, very comfortable, very practical and it looks great!

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
it's not likely that I will ever have another custom leather jacket like I had enjoyed in past 10 yrs, since this workshop in my city that has been in business for more than 30 yrs is closing due to the owner losing money from perhaps another business venture, I heard this from the guy who worked there that took my custom orders in the past, sad news.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
it's not likely that I will ever have another custom leather jacket like I had enjoyed in past 10 yrs, since this workshop in my city that has been in business for more than 30 yrs is closing due to the owner losing money from perhaps another business venture, I heard this from the guy who worked there that took my custom orders in the past, sad news.
i can collect the patterns of my old jackets though, and I told him if he moves on working with another workshop or open his own tailor to give me news, and perhaps I can learn to scale my patterns, since I have suggested to them multiple times to scale my patterns and sell them in standardized sizes just give me commission yet the owner never warmed to that idea:confused:

Last edited:

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
i can collect the patterns of my old jackets though, and I told him if he moves on working with another workshop or open his own tailor to give me news, and perhaps I can learn to scale my patterns, since I have suggested to them multiple times to scale my patterns and sell them in standardized sizes just give me commission yet the owner never warmed to that idea:confused:

The guy who took your custom orders as in made them?

Any shop should jump at the chance to use your patterns for a comission on every order. These are so unique and well thought out!

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
The guy who took your custom orders as in made them?

Any shop should jump at the chance to use your patterns for a comission on every order. These are so unique and well thought out!
they work as a small team, the guy who took my order is the one who make pattern out of my drawing and cut, there is a also female employee who sew, 2 other guys who install hardware, and a lady supervisor who manage them, the owner was rarely in contact with the client. thanks man :)

No jacket incoming but I can’t tell you how thrilled I am about having to buy this. As is always the case, when I have just a little $ to burn, some dickhead car part takes a shit. And here I thought Honda Pilots were suppose to run effortlessly for 300k. I don’t even have a 3rd that. The last time I needed an alternator was for a ‘78 Camaro in 1993. LOL.
IMG_3343.jpeg

And of course they recommend I replace the serpentine belt. Duh.

No jacket incoming but I can’t tell you how thrilled I am about having to buy this. As is always the case, when I have just a little $ to burn, some dickhead car part takes a shit. And here I thought Honda Pilots were suppose to run effortlessly for 300k. I don’t even have a 3rd that. The last time I needed an alternator was for a ‘78 Camaro in 1993. LOL.
View attachment 553734

Had to buy a new washing machine last week. Good thing I sold off three jackets to be able to painlessly afford it, instead of buying more clothes. I can now again wash all my T-shirts and underwear because that's just about the only washable stuff I wear.
On the other hand, the sound of it spinning is relaxing so there's that...

jeo

One Too Many
View attachment 553734

1697817621422.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff