Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Just received an email from Aero, apparently my Dustbowl in natural cxl are ready to be shipped out from Scotland.

1 month wait time. Summer really is the time to place your order if you hate a long wait [emoji3][emoji1360]

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk
Hot damn man!!! Hopefully my 50's HB isn't far behind!
When you did you place your order again? I thought we were pretty close...

Jwag

One of the Regulars
I posted this on another thread (What are You Wearing?), but I'll post it here since it just came today and I posted a month ago about starting the order process. 30s Half belt with Buchanan blue tartan
FB_IMG_1528259113251.jpg
FB_IMG_1528259120221.jpg
FB_IMG_1528259125842.jpg

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
It’s the worst! I can barely handle packages that are on time because I somehow wish/believe that they will magically be delivered quicker than expected if I check every five minutes if there is an update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Anyone else get the “phantom delivery truck” auditory hallucinations while waiting? Basically, you think you can hear the truck running in the distance but it ends up being a regular car.

I'm sitting at home right now, waiting for the delivery truck. Every time I hear a sound remotely close to a larger car, I jump up and look out of the window. Now, before you wonder, I have no pathological condition that forces me to abandon my work and obligations for my unholy needs of this packages content... in fact the delivery has failed due to my absense the past two days and that delivery man apparently refuses to deposit it at the local post station for pick up as well as giving it to a neighbor which would be the regular procedure.. He must be like "This chap either signs this in person or it goes back to Honolulu. He better be sitting home all day waiting for me." and at this point I'm actually worried the parcel may go back to the sender if delivery fails for a third time.. so I'm stuck here until he shows up.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Soon about to go crazy here. It’s expected to deliver by EOD today. But it arrived at delivery facility 5:40 this morning. It is now 14:00 and it still doesn’t show as “out with courier”.

I’m checking for updates every 10 minutes. Don’t know if I’ll manage a delay until tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El Marro

I just ordered the Iron Heart IH-101J which is their version of the iconic 1946 Lee denim jacket. I suppose Monitor deserves the credit (or the blame) for this one because I really liked the IH jacket he picked up and posted photos of recently.
I used to think of the Lee 101J as the ugly sibling of the Levis type III. As has happened with other jackets in the past though, (such as the G-1 and the cafe racer) one day I decided that not only was I wrong about this jacket being ugly but that I had to have one immediately.
I spent a couple weeks looking at originals on eBay, as well as the various reproductions available. I found that this jacket was quite short originally and that most reproductions faithfully copy this length. This kept bringing me back to the Iron Heart page, not only was there 101J a great looking jacket, but it was a little longer than everyone else’s.
I will post pics as soon as it arrives

I just ordered the Iron Heart IH-101J which is their version of the iconic 1946 Lee denim jacket. I suppose Monitor deserves the credit (or the blame) for this one because I really liked the IH jacket he picked up and posted photos of recently.
I used to think of the Lee 101J as the ugly sibling of the Levis type III. As has happened with other jackets in the past though, (such as the G-1 and the cafe racer) one day I decided that not only was I wrong about this jacket being ugly but that I had to have one immediately.
I spent a couple weeks looking at originals on eBay, as well as the various reproductions available. I found that this jacket was quite short originally and that most reproductions faithfully copy this length. This kept bringing me back to the Iron Heart page, not only was there 101J a great looking jacket, but it was a little longer than everyone else’s.
I will post pics as soon as it arrives

Lol I'm doing more damage than good! But I think you made an excellent choice. 101J is a beautiful jacket, with the slightly angled chest pockets and the zig zag decorative stitching around the buttons. Which size did you order??? That would've been my original purchase but the M was too small and they were all out of L... But you're in Cali, so you probably got one from SE. I've been comparing these jackets as well and in my opinion, the IH is the best take on the 101J and best by far. It's the closest thing to the original. I plan on getting one as well as soon as they restock. I'm also cool with it not having hand-warmers, too. It's a classier jacket than the III, best leave that one as authentic as possible.

When are you getting it?

ProteinNerd

As has happened with other jackets in the past though, (such as the G-1 and the cafe racer) one day I decided that not only was I wrong about this jacket being ugly but that I had to have one immediately.

I’ve had that happen a few times as well.....strange how something you actively dislike can suddenly become your top most wanted item almost overnight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points