Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lol I'm doing more damage than good! But I think you made an excellent choice. 101J is a beautiful jacket, with the slightly angled chest pockets and the zig zag decorative stitching around the buttons. Which size did you order??? That would've been my original purchase but the M was too small and they were all out of L... But you're in Cali, so you probably got one from SE. I've been comparing these jackets as well and in my opinion, the IH is the best take on the 101J and best by far. It's the closest thing to the original. I plan on getting one as well as soon as they restock. I'm also cool with it not having hand-warmers, too. It's a classier jacket than the III, best leave that one as authentic as possible.

When are you getting it?
Monitor,
I ordered the XXXL, and if it works it will be a trim fit! I’m glad to hear that you like this take on the 101J as I consider you pretty knowledgeable when it comes to denim jackets. I am not sure how quickly it will ship, nor how long it will be in transit. Tomorrow wouldn’t be soon enough (as always!).

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I’ve had that happen a few times as well.....strange how something you actively dislike can suddenly become your top most wanted item almost overnight.
PN and Barnabus,
I’m glad to hear that I’m not alone in this experience. I guess it shouldn’t be so surprising that this can happen with a jacket, after all it has happened with plenty of people that I’ve met over the years as well. First impressions are valuable, but sometimes I guess they need to be revisited

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
1BF34CA2-DD02-4177-9483-8B17FA378A7C.jpeg
Just received a sunburst as a fit jacket. Fqhh. Wow. The leather is broken in and VERY nice. My first time handeling. My heart was set on Vicenza but...

nick123

I'll Lock Up
That’s beautiful. I’d be tempted to keep it. I said this to another member who posted photos of the same try-on jacket. However you go, you’re set.

I wore my Highwayman when I stayed on the Queen Mary. There is all kinds of sunburst deco art in that ship. Made me want a Sunburst. And it was built in Scotland too!

Monitor,
I ordered the XXXL, and if it works it will be a trim fit! I’m glad to hear that you like this take on the 101J as I consider you pretty knowledgeable when it comes to denim jackets.

Haha, no, I'm really not. I'm new to them, though I did wear an old Levi's for years a decade ago. I just did a little research on the 101J and IMO, the IH version is the one to go for. As for the Type III, I've no clue what's right or wrong but the IH makes a damn fine jacket (for example, the inside pockets have smaller openings and are angled so stuff can't fall out, something I've only seen done on an IH) and that's good enough for me. :)

Can't wait for you to get the 101J. Post plenty of pics! Not many around.

BlueWallpaper

Familiar Face
Haha, no, I'm really not. I'm new to them, though I did wear an old Levi's for years a decade ago. I just did a little research on the 101J and IMO, the IH version is the one to go for. As for the Type III, I've no clue what's right or wrong but the IH makes a damn fine jacket (for example, the inside pockets have smaller openings and are angled so stuff can't fall out, something I've only seen done on an IH) and that's good enough for me. :)

Can't wait for you to get the 101J. Post plenty of pics! Not many around.

IH should pay you a commission. i bought the overdyed left hand type 3. the only thing i don’t like about it is that can’t wear it with jeans!

IH should pay you a commission. i bought the overdyed left hand type 3. the only thing i don’t like about it is that can’t wear it with jeans!

Lol! I should. But yeah, that left hand denim looks best and it ages like no other (check out the IH thread: https://www.ironheart.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5004.1005 ). Love that jacket. The size would've been perfect for me but only reason I didn't get that one is because it supposedly shrinks so I was afraid it might end up being a bit small if I decide to wash it... Which would've eventually happen, of course.

I've got another IH on the way. The holy grail I still can't believe I managed to score. Pics and review will follow.

Dirt cheap Sherpa & suede rancher/ trucker, fit is OK but man it reeks of a long while in a basement. Time to bust out the deodorizing tricks and hope they work. Otherwise I'll likely donate it. Any tips for removing odor? Was thinking of sealing it in a bag with coffee or charcoal...
IMG_9692.JPG

IMG_9693.JPG

IMG_9694.JPG

Dirt cheap Sherpa & suede rancher/ trucker, fit is OK but man it reeks of a long while in a basement. Time to bust out the deodorizing tricks and hope they work. Otherwise I'll likely donate it. Any tips for removing odor? Was thinking of sealing it in a bag with coffee or charcoal...
View attachment 121717
View attachment 121718
View attachment 121719

Perfect fit, perfect jacket. Worth the effort it takes to get rid of the stench. At least you've got plenty of time to figure something out. Just leaving it on a hanger outside for four months ought to do the job.

Came out unscathed but I can't help but wonder how crispy it'll be when it dries. Should I spray it with mineral oil?
I guess this is what waiting on an Aero looks like...
IMG_9695.JPG

View attachment 121703 View attachment 121704 Greetings All:
Thought i was done buying jackets....teach me to think!! As my Dad used to say.
In the mail...i think?
Hoping it’s nice as or nicer than my other one. Otherwise it’s gone.
Be well. Bowen

That looks familiar. I communicated with the seller and think you will be happy. Fingers crossed for you. It was a smidgen too small for me, or I would have jacked up the price for one of us.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
still too soon for another leather, but I'm seriously thinking about denim jacket:)
7CXCS6X.jpg

still considering if I want 1 button or 2 buttons on the cuff, because I would unbutton the lower one, yet without another button it will flare too much, hence the other button, but then it is not on the cuff band... zipper is much simpler....

I also can't find serious denim material, so I would likely paint the thing afterward with acrylic paint as " fake overdye" and also to give it some rigidity when later some wear patterns appear after several months and washes, then I would seal it with matte varnish also make it more rigid again.

Last edited:
still too soon for another leather, but I'm seriously thinking about denim jacket:)
7CXCS6X.jpg

still considering if I want 1 button or 2 buttons on the cuff, because I would unbutton the lower one, yet without another button it will flare too much, hence the other button, but then it is not on the cuff band... zipper is much simpler....

I also can't find serious denim material, so I would likely paint the thing afterward with acrylic paint as " fake overdye" and also to give it some rigidity when later some wear patterns appear after several months and washes, then I would seal it with matte varnish also make it more rigid again.

Lol what's happening! Jean jackets are suddenly becoming very popular on TFL! It's epidemic!

You won't be adding any chest pockets?

Also, I'm not sure you'll like those pleats. They'll bulge out of the jacket if you do anything other than stand straight! If you're not standing completely straight, they just pop out. Especially at the belly and from a side, it looks really stupid, especially on a thin person. Check it out...

a309b095_1b4e_4aae_b71d_f860db37385a.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk