Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Ton I have a vanson vaj-3 city jacket in z-150 that is my dedicated bike jacket. I literally had to beat the shit out of it for 3 straight days with a baseball bat on my bed and then wear it in the house and to work for weeks before it wouldn't stand up on its own. Quite a few hours it's logged on the bike now and it's still stiff around the areas where there are zippers as the zips have like 8 layers of folded z-150 in some places, but not unreasonably so.
I tried two jackets in the z-150. A derby and the Gambler. Insanely stiff leather given it's relatively thinner/ lighter weight. Both under 6lbs. But to me it's also the cut. They were cut insanely trim thru the arms and shoulders which made it almost impossible to comfortably move in. I could almost get a blood pressure read bending my arms. Here's a pic of my (former) Gambler
IMG_5848.JPG

I absolutely loved the jacket but hated fighting with it. Even my 10 and 12lb jackets are easier to wear. Hopefully this brown version will maintain a trim profile but be easier to wear. A nice Fall/Spring jacket is what I'm after.
Waiting is the hardest part!

I recently ordered a two-tone custom vest from Vanson. Cross-zip in Octagon leather with no other exterior pockets except the large traditional D-pocket. The D-pocket as well as the lapel and collar will be in X-150 black leather. Leather lined interior pockets. Removed the epaulets, belt and belt loops. Simple and clean. This will give me something nice to wear when it gets too hot for a jacket.

I recently ordered a two-tone custom vest from Vanson. Cross-zip in Octagon leather with no other exterior pockets except the large traditional D-pocket. The D-pocket as well as the lapel and collar will be in X-150 black leather. Leather lined interior pockets. Removed the epaulets, belt and belt loops. Simple and clean. This will give me something nice to wear when it gets too hot for a jacket.
That sounds really freakn cool! Would love to see some pics of that!

I hope reality matches what I had in mind. I really like octagon and x-150 so my fingers are crossed. Certainly will post pics once received.

smoz

One of the Regulars
I have got a Highwayman on order; brown Vicenza, button cuffs and mid weight Isle of Skye lining.

Should be with me in a month or so, just in time for autumn.

MeachamLake

A-List Customer
Got an Aero B6 on the way...ordered about 3 weeks ago now, so not sure when to expect it. I think a lot of people must have ordered during the August price freeze, so it might still be some way off.

I got made redundant a few weeks ago - luckily I do have the money saved up to pay for the jacket - so I'm rather looking forward to getting something nice to cheer myself up whilst the job hunt continues!

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Receiving mendelboaz's 4.5 oz steerhide Highwayman tomorrow, currently making my mind up between a Lost Worlds Ryder (classic halfbelt) and a Langlitz Cascade with straight zip (didn't know that was an option until I stumbled over @technovox Goatskin Cascade while browsing around. Beautiful jacket, made me want to get one at once.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I sent my new straight zip Cascade back to Langlitz after wearing it for a couple weeks. The jacket was beautifully made and it looked great in photos, but it was a little too tight through the stomach and at the waist.
I know from past experience that I would not be able to talk myself into liking the tight fit. Indeed, the third time I asked my girlfriend if it looked too tight she replied: "are you going to send it back or are you going to keep asking me that?"
I spoke to John at Langlitz and we reviewed my measurements again. He explained to me that there is no set pattern for the straight zip Cascade so every one of them is a somewhat unique creation.
Langlitz is now making me a new jacket and I can't wait to see it. The service I have received from them is second to none and I only wish more people treated their customers this way.
Jacketjunkie, you should definitely order one of these because it is an awesome jacket!

SUPERTERUEL

New in Town
Recently, I bought a Barbour International Union Jack waxed jacket. It is a very nice jacket and is a way to change a little, since I like the A-2. Every year I buy a jacket. The last one was an Aero contract A-2 in horse leather, seal brown. Next up will be a Bill Kelso M-422, as it looks pretty. I already have 5 A-2 jackets (Eastman, Aero, Bill Kelso), a G-1 (Schott) and a Wested Indy and I like to switch to other models.

Receiving mendelboaz's 4.5 oz steerhide Highwayman tomorrow, currently making my mind up between a Lost Worlds Ryder (classic halfbelt) and a Langlitz Cascade with straight zip (didn't know that was an option until I stumbled over @technovox Goatskin Cascade while browsing around. Beautiful jacket, made me want to get one at once.
Would love to see some pics of that Highwayman!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy