Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Beyondscenery

New in Town
With my brown Mulholland for sale, I needed a replacement (needed of course :D). I've loved the Mushmans collaboration jackets with Electric Leather Studios for quite some time now. Some of them are a bit out there, but that's also why I like them. I am sure that this one will not be to everyone's taste, but I obviously love it. It's their version of the Indiana Jones jacket. It's a cool jacket being sort of A2-esque. I've had a couple of A2s and liked them, but this version, slimmed down and with a unique leather is a more modern update in my opinion.

The leather specifically is probably my favorite aspect. It's Badalasssi, my favorite cowhide in the world and my second favorite leather after Shinki Hikaku. The color is called prugna, which is a sort of purple/burgundy color. This is perfect as it fills that darker brown-ish hole left by the Mulholland while being more unique. Plus, purple is my absolute favorite color and this is a purple that is wearable. My new White Klouds will be burgundy so this jacket should match well with that. The only thing I don't love about it is the handwarmer pockets, but they're pretty well hidden and they are part of the original Indiana Jones design so I can't be upset. Plus, it was time to have something besides Freewheelers in my collection.

Normally I would not order the new jacket before selling the old one, but it's a hyper limited pre-order and I got the last one in my size. I think they're only making 6 in total, so there was probably only 1 or 2 in my size at most. Fujita-San of Mushmans told me it will be done in November/December, just in time to be a Christmas present and just in time for cold weather here in socal. Anyway, I need to stop writing a review before I even have it. Here are the promo pics.

rh4j8SW.jpg

1Upw9NW.jpg

lRKT1I5.jpg

4kmbUzo.jpg

vgX4MHY.jpg

KOG0MK4.jpg

ofkoPls.jpg
i do occasional leather work, and i actually got leather from both the shinki hikaku tannery, and from badalassi carlo, specefically i have a shoulder of pueblo, and some shoulders in minerva box from badalassi, and i have a limited edition sapphire colored tea core pony skin, with heavy pull up from shinki.
my favourite leather thata i own is the shinki, but the most luxurious is definitely my badalassi carlo minerva box which is a tumbled veg tanned shoulder that has been given animal oils.
so all in all i think what you are waiting for is going to be an abseloute stunner of a jacket, and im quite jealous

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Very good choice. I love that colour and design! I was actually talking to Greg Fields about four months ago to make me a jacket of Prugna Badalassi. At that time he didn't have access to the maker due to the lockdown in Italy and I therefore went with the navy blue Shinki instead. Can't wait to see your review in December!

Oh nice! I hope he gets access to this color soon. I'm definitely excited for December. Should be a perfect Christmas present to myself :)

Prugna is a colour I have had in mind as well, pretty sure you will be happy overall :D

I'm pretty sure I will. Very excited about this leather.

Very nice indeed. Has "shades" of the Vanson Ike I have been wearing since it arrived on Perth Western Australia.

Cool. Model J?

i do occasional leather work, and i actually got leather from both the shinki hikaku tannery, and from badalassi carlo, specefically i have a shoulder of pueblo, and some shoulders in minerva box from badalassi, and i have a limited edition sapphire colored tea core pony skin, with heavy pull up from shinki.
my favourite leather thata i own is the shinki, but the most luxurious is definitely my badalassi carlo minerva box which is a tumbled veg tanned shoulder that has been given animal oils.
so all in all i think what you are waiting for is going to be an abseloute stunner of a jacket, and im quite jealous

Glad to have your thoughts. The Badalssi leather on my Aero that I had was absolutely stunning so I know that this will be as well, but with a more unique color so I am quite excited. Badalassi is indeed luxurious. I'm very excited about this jacket.

Mich486

One Too Many
Badalassi comes in some nice colour variations. Btw “prugna” means plum in Italian.

edit: because my English is still sloppy after 10 yrs living in her majesty’s land

Last edited:

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just arrived, Pike Brothers N1 Deck Jacket...Khaki/Brown

full

full

full

Just a few first impressions.
Over all finish of fabric and lining is good, details finish is just OK for the price, not more. Button holes, zipper tag... not really produced convincingly clean for example. My French Pea Coat for a similar price tag is produced way better, beside that I just payed half price for that.
Product care is heititei-hand wash what is okayish for me but appears not to fit real specs of utility clothing in my opinion.
Size is US-XL on the outside, inside dimensions run smaller due to thick woolen insulation. Could maybe wear a thin jumper underneath but for sure no layering, thick sweater or so in a comfortable way. This not due to a tiny Tuborg-muscle but to shoulder width and arms.
Over all a very good pub jacket. Just a Henley or so and that jacket thrown over, way warm enough for a winterly pub tour and if you’re after this style it is just OK for the price.
If you’re after a rugged, warm, comfortable and easy to care jacket go rather for an Arctic quilted Carhartt work line Duck jacket or so at half price or less instead, just my opinion.

Cheers

Turnip

dubpynchon

One Too Many

full

full

full

Over all finish of fabric and lining is good, details finish is just OK for the price, not more. Button holes, zipper tag... not really produced convincingly clean for example. My French Pea Coat for a similar price tag is produced way better, beside that I just payed half price for that.
Product care is heititei-hand wash what is okayish for me but appears not to fit real specs of utility clothing in my opinion.
Size is US-XL on the outside, inside dimensions run smaller due to thick woolen insulation. Could maybe wear a thin jumper underneath but for sure no layering, thick sweater or so in a comfortable way. This not due to a tiny Tuborg-muscle but to shoulder width and arms.
Over all a very good pub jacket. Just a Henley or so and that jacket thrown over, way warm enough for a winterly pub tour and if you’re after this style it is just OK for the price.
If you’re after a rugged, warm, comfortable and easy to care jacket go rather for an Arctic quilted Carhartt work line Duck jacket or so at half price or less instead, just my opinion.

Cheers

Turnip

Sweet, I caved in and bought a RMC N-1 at Christmas, after biting my fingernails over one for about two years. It's a great jacket but quite light, I'm thinking I should have bought a Pike Brothers version. On the other hand the alpaca is soft as butter, not itchy at all.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
With my brown Mulholland for sale, I needed a replacement (needed of course :D). I've loved the Mushmans collaboration jackets with Electric Leather Studios for quite some time now. Some of them are a bit out there, but that's also why I like them. I am sure that this one will not be to everyone's taste, but I obviously love it. It's their version of the Indiana Jones jacket. It's a cool jacket being sort of A2-esque. I've had a couple of A2s and liked them, but this version, slimmed down and with a unique leather is a more modern update in my opinion.

The leather specifically is probably my favorite aspect. It's Badalasssi, my favorite cowhide in the world and my second favorite leather after Shinki Hikaku. The color is called prugna, which is a sort of purple/burgundy color. This is perfect as it fills that darker brown-ish hole left by the Mulholland while being more unique. Plus, purple is my absolute favorite color and this is a purple that is wearable. My new White Klouds will be burgundy so this jacket should match well with that. The only thing I don't love about it is the handwarmer pockets, but they're pretty well hidden and they are part of the original Indiana Jones design so I can't be upset. Plus, it was time to have something besides Freewheelers in my collection.

Normally I would not order the new jacket before selling the old one, but it's a hyper limited pre-order and I got the last one in my size. I think they're only making 12 in total, so there was probably only 1 or 2 in my size at most. Fujita-San of Mushmans told me it will be done in November/December, just in time to be a Christmas present and just in time for cold weather here in socal. Anyway, I need to stop writing a review before I even have it. Here are the promo pics.

rh4j8SW.jpg

1Upw9NW.jpg

lRKT1I5.jpg

4kmbUzo.jpg

vgX4MHY.jpg

KOG0MK4.jpg

ofkoPls.jpg
it is the color of royalty... might influencing your subconscious look at the pose of that model lolol:D:D "go clean my chamber pot, wench.."

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
Still waiting for SB CR in Shinki, so I put an offer in for a Bates Atlas CR. It was accepted.

View attachment 256836
Bro you got the sb Cafe racer it is sick. The only thing is the zip cuffs were tight as crap on my forearm bro i hope your good with it. I told sb this when ordering my double rider, my forearms are 13" around I don't know if that was part of it

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Sweet, I caved in and bought a RMC N-1 at Christmas, after biting my fingernails over one for about two years. It's a great jacket but quite light, I'm thinking I should have bought a Pike Brothers version. On the other hand the alpaca is soft as butter, not itchy at all.
I’ve owned both. I found: Alpaca is much nicer on the Rmc. Rmc is cut trimmer. Pike is a better deal price v quality. Neither as historically accurate as Buzz Rickson if that’s your thing.

full

full

full

Cheers

Turnip
I had that exact same jacket, ordered from Aero. I had a real love hate with it. The whip cord seemed a bit fragile and the alpaca/wool was terribly itchy. Super warm though and looked great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner