Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

I just hit BIN on this weird Vanson, it was on Buyee, described as a Chopper/CHP mix from the 80s/90s.
I have never seen one like that before, i find it pretty weird and confusing...
It's a cross zip, but with barely any lapel overlap, almost like the Schott Cafecto, but with even shorter lapels.
Weirdly they left the four chest snaps for the lapels/collar as if it was a regular CHP.
There is also a snap on the inside, back of th eneck, wonder if it has a fur collar at some point or if it is a snap for a liner.
The sleeve zippers are also a style i don't remember seeing on a Vanson before.
Leather looks really nice, can't wait to see it for real.

Doesn any one know what this is? @JMax , @ton312 have you seen something similar before?

U5HGAmA.jpg

JggjCm2.jpg

JpxvEBb.jpg

QSYsIsH.jpg

DKEDzJv.jpg

wkESdpe.jpg

Never seen a Vanson like this. Reminds me of the 50s Langlitz Columbia with Cossack collar I had. How the collar is shaped and built looks a bit more ad hoc on the Vanson. I really like it. And the leather does look great.

I just hit BIN on this weird Vanson, it was on Buyee, described as a Chopper/CHP mix from the 80s/90s.
It's a cross zip, but with barely any lapel overlap, almost like the Schott Cafecto, but with even shorter lapels.
Weirdly they left the four chest snaps for the lapels/collar as if it was a regular CHP.
There is also a snap on the inside, back of th eneck, wonder if it has a fur collar at some point or if it is a snap for a liner.

Doesn any one know what this is? @JMax , @ton312 have you seen something similar before?

U5HGAmA.jpg

JggjCm2.jpg

JpxvEBb.jpg

QSYsIsH.jpg

DKEDzJv.jpg

wkESdpe.jpg
SO COOL! Never seen anything like it. This succeeds where those Japanese pork chop lapel jackets fail....That is straight up BAD ASS!

U5HGAmA.jpg

JggjCm2.jpg

JpxvEBb.jpg

QSYsIsH.jpg

DKEDzJv.jpg

wkESdpe.jpg

Hide alone is worth it and maddeningly cool style only adds up to the awesomeness of the deal. Vanson defeats everything!

TheGuitarFairy

Practically Family
Hide alone is worth it and maddeningly cool style only adds up to the awesomeness of the deal. Vanson defeats everything!

It's really true imo and without the pretentiousness and cost I see elsewhere.
My very first cross zip and first pic I ever posted to the lounge. Mannnny jackets later I'm still looking to buy this one back.
IMG_0828.jpg

Last edited:

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many

U5HGAmA.jpg

JggjCm2.jpg

JpxvEBb.jpg

QSYsIsH.jpg

DKEDzJv.jpg

wkESdpe.jpg
Awesome and unusual style and the leather is by far the most characterfull of any Vanson I've seen.

Albertcg

New in Town
Currently selling my Himel Bros Avro size 40 (measurements like a 38) for anyone interested
I was just recapping my current interests and here what it looks like:

- 1 currently ordered jacket (long term)
- 1 jacket about to be ordered
- 1 jacket in talks

Then there are the list of what I am lusting after:

- 1 for the design (buttons)
- 1 for the type (longer, maybe a trench)
- 1 for the warmth (maybe shearling)
- 1 specifically for riding (thinking about Lewis Leathers)

There are a few others as well, this is getting quite excessive... how about you guys?

Attachments

• IMG_20210629_144853.jpg
    IMG_20210629_144853.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 1,010

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Baracuta G4 Work, Dark Navy, Rain Repellent, Size UK50, Coolmax fabric

First of all, this one is NOT Made in UK but Made in Bulgaria, nevertheless just perfectly put together, perfect finish. No screwed seams or button holes, no loose threads, eveything´s in place.

If you want Made in UK you´ll have to pick the Classic version, price is all the same.

I picked the "Work" version because of the different side pockets and the width adjustment placed at the bottom waistband.

Some pix:

full

full

full

full

full

Cheers

Turnip

Last edited:

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Seems I have not been in the thread for some time. I do have this Hercules coming. The last two I had incoming were two Hercules MC jackets. Guess that makes me a collector! This jacket showed up on the Lounge and I need to have a look at it in hand. It may not fit me, but it will fit someone incase I need to move it along.

I do like the "vertical pocket" jackets. this should add to the data on this particular style. I've never owned one, don't recall if anyone here has. There is a great thread here on these map pocket jackets. Don't have the link as I write this.

I am convinced this one is made by Appalachian Tanned and Tailored. More details when it arrives.

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Nice, very nice! I'm glad my interest in this pattern seems to have cultivated a revival.

The main thread on this style is here, so be sure to post your thoughts and images there when you get it: https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/sears-vertical-zip-map-pocket-motorycle-jacket.94252/

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Wested “Skyfall” jacket arrived today. It’s nice. I’m glad I opted for the brown cow. Very supple, a bit of heft. Very reminiscent of five star, tbh were I blindfolded I would have sworn that’s what it was. Fits the basic jacket bill nicely.
View attachment 346907
Great Fit as usual. Nice easy to wear jacket. How is the lining on the Wested jacket?

@ton312 this reminds me, do you still have the Straight To Hell jacket you got? You had also compared that one to Five Star
I do! Apparently I only keep the cheap ones. LOL. I like that jacket though. Another super easy to wear low impact affair.
Great Fit as usual. Nice easy to wear jacket. How is the lining on the Wested jacket?
It’s a nice light brown cotton in the body, dark brown poly/satin in the sleeves. Build and materials seem good. I may modify the days of future past 70’s jacket in black cow next, if they’ll let me.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm