Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Actually for me it's not so much about the patina as the build and details. The collars, the sleeve shape and seam construction. While the patina is certainly eye catching, the sum total of the build is also far more appealing than the modern derivatives.

I guess with the bigger variability in construction you see in older jackets, you have those that feel just "right". Probably those made by the machinists with a better sense of proportions.

You will after all only pick the jackets with the proportios that appeal to you once you have gone through as high a number as you did

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
yeah, it's hard to give up a jacket that you like, fits well, was hard to track down, etc. etc. Luckily I have 2 growing sons, so my best option is probably to just hang on to everything and let them have dibs when they're ready for it. In the meantime, have fun wearing stuff. I'm a little redundant with the belted cross zips now, but everything else is fairly varied. I also have 3 shearlings for some reason LOL, but I actually wear them the most believe it or not. They work great in short bursts for walking the dog, dropping kids off at school. Anything early morning when you don't want to layer and just throw on something warm when you get out bed.

For FL, when I started on the wait list about 9 months ago, I was going to get a J82 style black aniline with some tweaks, most importantly no action back. But then I started seeing pics of the brown pony and I also landed a 613sh, so I just realized what I need most is a brown jacket with some wow factor. I sold off some in my collection and only really have the Sheene which is ok but very trim and so becomes too situational unfortunately. So I'm looking for that go to brown jacket now. Will most likely be a d pocket design with some adjustments to the lapels and collar, very simple and showcasing Greg's construction abilities. Might do a more ornate D pocket, detachable mutton collar, and another piece of flare or two. We'll see, 3 months to go, might change my mind again LOL.
It's nice to be able to pass things down. I still have things from my grandparents even after all the moves and downsize.
Shearlings go well with camping. Yes, camping. I didn't invent it. Saw another gent with his vest at the camp ground. Put two and two together.
Greg has impeccable stitch skills. D pockets are best at showcasing his craft. But the JH-1 will be more functional jacket with two hand warmers. Hard decision... 9 months ago, that means your spot should be up very soon! I think I am gonna get in line this week too.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Tweedy
F4FB74D3-2839-420E-B76F-FCED8D1795A4.jpeg

Kubatu

A-List Customer
Cool, it was me who you were bidding against, I stopped at $150, was not sure about P2P, hope it fits you.

Ha, I wondered if it was another TFL user. I was planning to stop at $150 too, but then I got the urge to win the auction after being outbid. Happy to reach out if it doesn't fit - my main concern is that the sleeves may be a bit on the longer side, but we'll see.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Ha, I wondered if it was another TFL user. I was planning to stop at $150 too, but then I got the urge to win the auction after being outbid. Happy to reach out if it doesn't fit - my main concern is that the sleeves may be a bit on the longer side, but we'll see.
I really hope it fits you Kubatu, I am still grateful for that Spiegel you found and which I was lucky to buy for next to nothing.

Edward

Bartender
I'm now just about six pounds off the target weight I set myself at the start of my diet, and beginning to think of a new jacket. My Highwayman is due to go back to Aero for a relining very soon; other than that, I'm thinking of picking up a new Wested Raiders, potentially in their novapelle horse. I have a long, long list of other jackets on which I am keen too, though those will need to be ordered and take longer.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab

I saw those two bids made in the last six seconds before the end of the auction.

I’ve had a bit of a crazy morning.
5 minutes after having an offer accepted for a sz38 Brooks
2E4C9E75-7033-4FA6-B182-B3C263DF8ADB.jpeg
I found my CR grail of grails...a real unicorn...a tagged size 38 Kehoe.
61C49E13-329A-4B7D-89BC-B3BC2D471139.jpeg
Now both are on their way to me. I will be reviewing them side by side once they arrive. I will only be keeping one, so if you are a 38, keep an eye on the classifieds. :)

Last edited:

barnabus

One Too Many
I’ve had a bit of a crazy morning.
5 minutes after having an offer accepted for a sz38 Brooks
View attachment 427954
I found my CR grail of grails...a tagged size 38 Kehoe.
View attachment 427955
Now both are on their way to me. I will be reviewing them side by side once they arrive. I will only be keeping one, so if you are a 38, keep an eye on the classifieds. :)

If the Brooks is a true 38 rather than a vintage 38 then please keep me in mind @handymike (if it's the Brooks that goes!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk