Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

photo2u

Call Me a Cab

morrison2951

Practically Family
Aero Maxwell
20220910_124917.jpg
20220910_125614.jpg

Edward

Bartender

I really like this model. I had been toying with the idea of one of the regular 30s Halfbelts in a different hide (I'd owned a couple in cxl fqhh before now), but I'm now very much leaning to one of these instead. I believe it's the same pattern, but with buttons instead of zips as the main fastener and chest pocket closer.

How is the size on the chest pocket - is it more for decoration like the zipper on the slim halfbelt, or is there a bit of useable space, like the one on the Highwayman?

morrison2951

Practically Family
I really like this model. I had been toying with the idea of one of the regular 30s Halfbelts in a different hide (I'd owned a couple in cxl fqhh before now), but I'm now very much leaning to one of these instead. I believe it's the same pattern, but with buttons instead of zips as the main fastener and chest pocket closer.

How is the size on the chest pocket - is it more for decoration like the zipper on the slim halfbelt, or is there a bit of useable space, like the one on the Highwayman?

I've not checked it, but for me it will likely be for decoration as I prefer to use the inside pocket. I very much like this jacket.

s-l400-125.jpg

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up

Not sure on the Maxwell but the chest pocket looks about the same size as the one on my Shackleton. Which is surprisingly just wide enough for the iphone. I have some with very deep pockets that swallows the whole phone and some with shallower pockets that only leaves about 1/4 of the phone out but still functional. It was always a surprise to me when I put my phone in those tiny chest pockets.
IMG_6640.JPG
IMG_6641.JPG

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
I ordered an Aero Type III in late August on the new site. I chose the Navy Vicenza w/caramel stitching, Wine cotton sateen lining and the copper buttons. I decided to order the Type III since Aero now has a 'regular' Type III vice the 557XX w/the blanket lining.

I got a msg from Aero about 2 weeks ago stating the jacket was approved for production and has gone from the cutting stage to machining stage as of this past Friday. The site had noted that the current production time is 8-10 weeks so I estimate I may have the Jacket in mid to late October which is fine.

I've wanted an Aero Type III for some time to go along with my other Type III jackets (Vanson, Schott & Iron Heart) and will soon have a complete assortment. Depending on how this Aero Type III works out, I may jump in for a Type III in the natural vicenza in the future.

morrison2951

Practically Family
I ordered an Aero Type III in late August on the new site. I chose the Navy Vicenza w/caramel stitching, Wine cotton sateen lining and the copper buttons. I decided to order the Type III since Aero now has a 'regular' Type III vice the 557XX w/the blanket lining.

I got a msg from Aero about 2 weeks ago stating the jacket was approved for production and has gone from the cutting stage to machining stage as of this past Friday. The site had noted that the current production time is 8-10 weeks so I estimate I may have the Jacket in mid to late October which is fine.

I've wanted an Aero Type III for some time to go along with my other Type III jackets (Vanson, Schott & Iron Heart) and will soon have a complete assortment. Depending on how this Aero Type III works out, I may jump in for a Type III in the natural vicenza in the future.

Good choice! You'll love it. I'm good with the 557XX and blanket lining myself.

Edit: Photo attached. Black Vicenza’ Italian Vegetable with copper buttons.

20220826_225547.jpg

Last edited:

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
Good choice! You'll love it. I'm good with the 557XX and blanket lining myself.

Edit: Photo attached. Black Vicenza’ Italian Vegetable with copper buttons.

View attachment 450561
Thanks for your reply and image posting. It appears that your Type III is a size 44 - the same size I ordered! You chose the Black Vicenza which looks really sharp! I provided the requested measurement info and hope the jacket will fit specifically in the chest area. I am a 42-43 chest and selected the size 44 based on other measurements I've seen on TB for the same style. I don't want the jacket too snug so I think I selected the right size instead of going for a 46 which I think would be too big.

I consider the Aero Type III to be a more attainable Iron Heart Type III (I have one in black XL (42)) - once the Aero arrives the comparison will comence!

morrison2951

Practically Family
Thanks for your reply and image posting. It appears that your Type III is a size 44 - the same size I ordered! You chose the Black Vicenza which looks really sharp! I provided the requested measurement info and hope the jacket will fit specifically in the chest area. I am a 42-43 chest and selected the size 44 based on other measurements I've seen on TB for the same style. I don't want the jacket too snug so I think I selected the right size instead of going for a 46 which I think would be too big.

I consider the Aero Type III to be a more attainable Iron Heart Type III (I have one in black XL (42)) - once the Aero arrives the comparison will comence!

You should be good.

20220826_225444.jpg
20220826_225351.jpg
Here's a couple fit pics of mine. Sweet jacket!

Edward

Bartender
Not sure on the Maxwell but the chest pocket looks about the same size as the one on my Shackleton. Which is surprisingly just wide enough for the iphone. I have some with very deep pockets that swallows the whole phone and some with shallower pockets that only leaves about 1/4 of the phone out but still functional. It was always a surprise to me when I put my phone in those tiny chest pockets.
View attachment 450529 View attachment 450530

Oh, now hat's useful to know.... I'd always assumed my Androids wouldn't fit there, they might.... though the mp3 player definitely will. Is there any facing on the Shackleton that would support an inside pocket?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko