Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Dhl charge me$63.75 for my HB deluxe which total value include shipping is £673.75 equals $763.31, I thought there is not import charge below $800, any one knows?
There shouldn't have been....unless something has changed $800 was the threshold you don't want to cross to avoid fees. Check here:
https://www.cbp.gov/travel/international-visitors/kbyg/customs-duty-info#:~:text=Thus, any articles imported under,a flat 4% duty rate.

"Thus, any articles imported under this section for personal use with a value of under $800 can be imported duty free, and any articles imported for personal use with a value between $800 and $1800, will be subject to a flat 4% duty rate."

Last edited:

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Dhl charge me$63.75 for my HB deluxe which total value include shipping is £673.75 equals $763.31, I thought there is not import charge below $800, any one knows?
State Taxes... Some states are charging sales taxes even for out of state purchases, as long as the end user lives in that State.
It's also like this in BC now. Netflix was like 15 dollars now it's almost 17 after they start charging taxes. Lots of exotic cars in Vancouver have (out of Province) Alberta plates. They have zero tax, I think ours went up to 25% for those expensive ones. So on a 200k car it's a difference of 50k. That's like another car and then some.
If I shipped my jackets to an Alberta address I'd save 12% so about 100 bucks. I am trying to convince some of my hated relatives to move there.

Observe

Practically Family
Decided to order an Aero off the new site with the discount. Specs as follows:

-Original Hercules
-Black goatskin (requested thick and grainy)
-Brass Universal zipper
-Cotton drill body with sateen sleeves
-1 inside pocket on wearer's right (open)
-Brass looped ball pull zippered pocket on wearer's left chest, similar to highwayman (horizontal, not slanted like premier)
-all pockets moleskin lined

Not sure if anyone has a similar makeup or any suggestions regarding this build, but please let me know before it goes into production.

I've been considering a goatskin jacket for a while now. I'm kinda over the whole "gotta have the stiffest heaviest leather" thing, just looking for that nice drape and comfort. Doesn't hurt that it's also quite strong as it is. I requested a sample as well.

Last edited:
Decided to order an Aero off the new site with the discount. Specs as follows:

-Original Hercules
-Black goatskin (requested thick and grainy)
-Brass Universal zipper
-Cotton drill body with sateen sleeves
-1 inside pocket on wearer's right (open)
-Brass looped ball pull zippered pocket on wearer's left chest, similar to highwayman (horizontal, not slanted like premier)
-all pockets moleskin lined

Not sure if anyone has a similar makeup or any suggestions regarding this build, but please let me know before it goes into production.

I've been considering a goatskin jacket for a while now. I'm kinda over the whole "gotta have the stiffest heaviest leather" thing, just looking for that nice drape and comfort. Doesn't hurt that it's also quite strong as it is. I requested a sample as well.
I love my Herc which is a bit similar. Are you keeping the belts lowered? I like them at the Halfbelt personally. Either way it’s a superb pattern. Just a great jacket all around.

Observe

Practically Family
I love my Herc which is a bit similar. Are you keeping the belts lowered? I like them at the Halfbelt personally. Either way it’s a superb pattern. Just a great jacket all around.
I'm gonna keep the side adjusters at the bottom. I had a herc but it was a touch small in the shoulders and sleeves so I moved it. I liked the adjusters at the bottom.

Does the size distinction matter much when ordering? I went with a 42 over 40, which my previous herc was, but some of the stock 42 hercs I've seen on the aero site are too big.

I'm gonna keep the side adjusters at the bottom. I had a herc but it was a touch small in the shoulders and sleeves so I moved it. I liked the adjusters at the bottom.

Does the size distinction matter much when ordering? I went with a 42 over 40, which my previous herc was, but some of the stock 42 hercs I've seen on the aero site are too big.
Great question. My jacket is a 40”. 19” shoulder, 23.5” chest. Hits just like my 42” 30’s HB. I’ve seen 42”s smaller and larger. It’s a 30’s pattern but seems to be generally larger fitting than the other 30’s models. Sometimes. Sorry that’s not terribly helpful.

Observe

Practically Family
Great question. My jacket is a 40”. 19” shoulder, 23.5” chest. Hits just like my 42” 30’s HB. I’ve seen 42”s smaller and larger. It’s a 30’s pattern but seems to be generally larger fitting than the other 30’s models. Sometimes. Sorry that’s not terribly helpful.
Hmm, sounds like I may need a 40 instead of a 42. I assume I'll have the opportunity to discuss this with them and make any necessary changes prior to production.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
The Aero Hookless is not bad. I hadn't had failures. And it's on a heavy CXL jacket. The Universal is bullet proof. But the Herc is priced with the Hookless right? You get that two extra rivets at the bottom.

The goat is a good choice for the Herc pattern. I wished mine was in the goat hide.

Observe

Practically Family
The Aero Hookless is not bad. I hadn't had failures. And it's on a heavy CXL jacket. The Universal is bullet proof. But the Herc is priced with the Hookless right? You get that two extra rivets at the bottom.

The goat is a good choice for the Herc pattern. I wished mine was in the goat hide.
I'm sick of fussing with the hookless on my other jacket. I'm over it lol. I just want something that works.

Observe

Practically Family
I see, now I am worried about my Hookless...

Universal is very good. I think they are actually YKK. Much better than the repro Talons.
I have a hookless zipper marked "talon" on my rmc and while it works I'd rather just have a "normal" zipper on this one.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Hmm, sounds like I may need a 40 instead of a 42. I assume I'll have the opportunity to discuss this with them and make any necessary changes prior to production.

Chiming in here, as I first went with a 42, but found it WAY too big (like 24,5“ish chest). Went down to a 40“ which is perfect.

FYI: I wear 42 in Aero‘s 30er patterns and 44 in the premier range. With other makers it’s usually 42 too but 44 with RMC, Freewheelers, Addict.

Observe

Practically Family
Aero just got back to me saying that they may not approve a chest pocket on the original hercules. I could have sworn I've seen such makeups in the wild. In fact, a quick google search reveals several such makeups from TB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ