Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Well I just got it. A squeaky beast it is.

AMAZING! It's built like a tank and actually fits me pretty well I'd say. Spare room to grow a bit if needed but nothing crazy, the shoulders are extended but in this pattern it works. This one really is broken in, the leather has a lot of character.

I didn't even bother measuring, just tried it on and feels great and I can move around and reach forward and to the sides (Was looking for mobility on my bike, the other leather jackets don't offer such mobility and that's a problem)

It goes straight into a box for my family to gift it to me on Christmas but I'm so happy.

All the zippers work great but It looks like the main zipper was replaced with a YKK double way zipper(doesn't look original) at some poin. If it bothered me I guess I could have Stu replace it with something more appropiate but not a priority at the moment.

View attachment 469492 View attachment 469493 View attachment 469494

Home run. My favorites all-time jacket. Repro, original, whatever- the design is bad ass while still classy.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Well I just got it. A squeaky beast it is.

AMAZING! It's built like a tank and actually fits me pretty well I'd say. Spare room to grow a bit if needed but nothing crazy, the shoulders are extended but in this pattern it works. This one really is broken in, the leather has a lot of character.

I didn't even bother measuring, just tried it on and feels great and I can move around and reach forward and to the sides (Was looking for mobility on my bike, the other leather jackets don't offer such mobility and that's a problem)

It goes straight into a box for my family to gift it to me on Christmas but I'm so happy.

All the zippers work great but It looks like the main zipper was replaced with a YKK double way zipper(doesn't look original) at some poin. If it bothered me I guess I could have Stu replace it with something more appropiate but not a priority at the moment.

View attachment 469492 View attachment 469493 View attachment 469494

WOW! The fit looks amazing and such a cool jacket!

Jiaward

One of the Regulars
Sorry @58panheadfan had to follow the link. Hope I can do it the justice you do.
Himel Canuck
0B55BF0D-5A7C-4D75-A3AD-8512C25F6747.jpeg

Last edited:

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was under the impression that were affiliated with RMC Japan….no?
A joke.
They are. They are the supplier of leather jackets to RM. I guess technically speaking, it is Japanese brand owned by a Japanese owner made for the Japanese market. On the other hand they as you said just copied old jackets and perhaps shrink them a little bit and the machinists are New Zealanders.
The new RM are not only made in Japan. They also modified the pattern. The old RM are higher end reenactment repros. The new RM at least has some design input into the old patterns and is more a niche street fashion brand like Tenderloin and At Last.
At times, I think the old RM (save the workwear division) is the high end WPG, ATF or WW2 impressions.

Last edited:

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Almost made it through the entire year without buying another jacket, and then December happened.

US Navy issued peacoat from the 50s (Kersey wool) arrived today and is chilling in the freezer:
Screenshot_20221207-002620_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20221207-003424_eBay.jpg

And then this gem popped up a few days later that I couldn't BIN fast enough (currently en route):
Screenshot_20221205-223220_eBay.jpg

Christmas coming early this year!

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I did. Wasn't sure I would, since I put in a snipe just a little over the highest bid.
I was there at the end, but could not go higher due to size. Will this jacket fit you? You got one amazing jacket! If this would have fit me I would have bought it and even paid more!

RPs is this style and era are very scarce, then factor in the condition and you have one fine catch.

Please report when you have it in hand.

JurassicUtility

One of the Regulars
I was there at the end, but could not go higher due to size. Will this jacket fit you? You got one amazing jacket! If this would have fit me I would have bought it and even paid more!

RPs is this style and era are very scarce, then factor in the condition and you have one fine catch.

Please report when you have it in hand.
Will do. Sizing might be on the small side, but if it doesn't fit, I'll probably try to sell it for about what I paid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko