Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab

P2P should be perfect, length I suspect was measured from the top of the collar so should be good, but the sleeve length was really wonky at 30". No clue how it was measured (no pics), but comparing to your pic it looks like proper proportions, so I have my fingers crossed. Price was too good to wait for clarification so I rolled the dice and BIN'd it without hesitation. Seller accepts returns so if it doesn't work I'm only out the cost of return shipping.

Are these the last version of the Cycle Champ in the later 50s before they dropped the D-pocket altogether?

EDIT: Typo

jeo

One Too Many
P2P should be perfect, length I suspect was measured from the top of the collar so should be good, but the sleeve length was really wonky at 30". No clue how it was measured (no pics), but comparing to your pic it looks like proper proportions, so I have my fingers crossed. Price was too good to wait for clarification so I rolled the dice and BIN'd it without hesitation. Seller accepts returns so if it doesn't work I'm only out the cost of return shipping.
Mine is also a size 38. The sleeves are 25”.

Are these the last version of the Cycle Champ in the later 50s before they dropped the D-pocket altogether?
Yes I believe so according to all the old ads I’ve seen for them.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I’ve tried to stay out of the vintage outerwear thread for a good little while to try to keep the $$ disease in remission. But I’ll stick my toes in with these 2 recent purchases. If I get brave enough I might post a few more.
View attachment 563273 View attachment 563274 View attachment 563275 View attachment 563276

Whew! I did it!
You have come back in a big way! These look great. I just unpacked a wool. I saw a jacket label in the recently unearthed Short Wool Jackets thread. Size 42
20231124_172343.jpg
20231124_172329.jpg
20231124_172408.jpg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
its late 60s early 70s, the white labels are earlier than the black label.

I too have started dipping my toes into the less popular denim jackets that are affordable to buy, here's my Sears Roebuck for the 60s.
Excellent! I'm with you on the "off" brands, lot of them out there basically cheap. I don't see them in resale shops anymore.

Makes sense on the white then black label, anxious to try this one

Nacho

Practically Family
I swore I would not become a denim collector. There are so many "off' Brands that are cheap. This got this Sears size 46.

I'm thinking this "Roebucks" label is 1960s. I have a piece of Sears memorabilia with the Roebucks label. It does not show up often.

View attachment 563306 View attachment 563307 View attachment 563308 View attachment 563309

Nice one, Terry. I too did the same. I can't afford the vintage Levis since their price is totally absurd. Found this Great Western Garment from the 60s based on my research. This brand was once Canadian, but was bought out by Levis in 1972. The jacket is a nice mixture between Lee and Wrangler. Star stud was added by me later on.

tempImageukdW15.jpg

tempImageggtk2I.jpg

tempImagef4nWaA.jpg

tempImageItb21X.jpg

That being said, if you want a true repro of the Levis at an affordable price, I'd recommend getting the Levis Japan versions. If I remember correctly, Levis Japan did these repros back in the 90s. And they were pretty accurate to the originals as far as I know. No long body length like other brands' recent repros. Below is my Levis Japan type 2. Short and boxy like the one Martin Sheen wore in Badlands. :cool:

tempImageqfQoMq.jpg

tempImage5v21ah.jpg

tempImageAnTszL.jpg

tempImagewWTvBF.jpg

tempImage9yRSV3.jpg

Last edited:

Nacho

Practically Family
its late 60s early 70s, the white labels are earlier than the black label.

I too have started dipping my toes into the less popular denim jackets that are affordable to buy, here's my Sears Roebuck for the 60s.

Wow, the design is really unique, Leigh. Never seen anything like that before. Man, I gotta start hunting for these guys too lol. Thanks for the pics.

Oskinator

New in Town
Have been eyeing this one for weeks.

Y2 sumi dyed horsehide

Unfortunatly the sale got refunded. Apparantly the sender found a defect and didnt want to sell it. Sadge

shame because it was relisted multiple times and I was finaly in a position to go for it ;(

cbez

One Too Many
I have some trophy clothing coming. Will try to do a multiple review. They look very nice

doug5551

New in Town
I got Schotted on Black Friday.

I don't buy new jackets but this was $575 which I thought was a steal.

In transit:

Men's Cowhide Retro Moto Style Jacket​

STYLE: 673​

26” heavyweight vintage waxy cowhide retro inspired moto jacket features zip front closure, two lower slash front pockets, two upper diagonal pockets with chain pulls, bi swing back and printed cotton lining.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails