Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

theeprimitivesound

Familiar Face
i got a couple of Y2 leathers from the shop vancouver, IB140 type 1 in olive eco horse hide, and the steer hide camel chore jacket,and a few Belstaff jackets, but ive been lusting after a grizzly, maybe a single riders, the struggle is real!!

jojothenorthstar

One of the Regulars
has anybody gotten the c44 sheepskin flight jacket from cockpit usa? I am getting a sheepskin jacket tailormade and I am undecided between that and a b3. want it to be warm

cbez

One Too Many
Very impressed with this trophy hummingbird. The teacore horsehide has monster grain and is as thick and beefy as any lost worlds, fine creek, or four speed I've handled.

Can't find any exposed edges but it feels on par with the belt straps throughout, so at least 2mm.

I love their beefy cast buckles as well.
1000016387.jpg
1000016388.jpg

mlx

New in Town
This was a huge rabbit hole.

I sent my Thedi Hektor back to Thurston to get the sleeves reduced; they were too long. So, that’s coming in a week or two.

Then, tomorrow I will receive a Thedi D1279720. I ordered it directly from him.
https://thedi-leathers.com/product/mtc-d1279720/

Also, I got a Schott 613; and it’s arriving tomorrow too. I got it because of its “classic” status.

Lastly, my Aero Maxwell in Cordovan is finally being produced. I placed the order back in September.

So, 4 jackets coming in.

I will have to produce a super expensive christmas gift for my SO or I will be revoked of all the access to all of our accounts.

Wish me luck.

Last edited:

Khilij

One of the Regulars
None, for now. Very happy with my small collection of 3. Saving for a Thedi some day in the future, maybe as a Grad School graduation present.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
This jacket came up in this thread, but I don't recall where. Not sure where it went, then it appeared on ebay again. I made an offer and bought it.

I had the Bill Kelso Duke sitting here when I bought it. They are the same jacket. Already owning a remake I decided to buy the original.

I assume the "issues" kept people away. Will see.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (69).png
    s-l1600 (69).png
    2.3 MB · Views: 58
  • s-l1600 (57).png
    s-l1600 (57).png
    2.4 MB · Views: 55

realgone

Familiar Face
Vanson x Left Field Commando with Navajo lining on its way. Really hoping this one fits, but easy come easy go.
Also a Johnson Leathers cross zip, should be here any day now. I think it'll be a catch release, the numbers say it will be a bit tight in the chest for me. Maybe I'll get lucky. If not, they'll get posted here soon.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
This jacket came up in this thread, but I don't recall where. Not sure where it went, then it appeared on ebay again. I made an offer and bought it.

I had the Bill Kelso Duke sitting here when I bought it. They are the same jacket. Already owning a remake I decided to buy the original.

I assume the "issues" kept people away. Will see.
Topline was really top of the line. Don't see them very often.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
This is a Sears Topline?
That is what I thought. Because I wanted to buy a nicer copy of this below jacket for a long long time. Similar lining, similar pattern base block. Similar same A2 style epaulettes. prewar looking time.
lj375-1.jpg

lj375-10.jpg

lj375-5.jpg

lj375-2.jpg

What do you think? Nice pick up. These earlier aviators are never in good shape, I haven't seen one in good shape.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
That is what I thought. Because I wanted to buy a nicer copy of this below jacket for a long long time. Similar lining, similar pattern base block. Similar same A2 style epaulettes. prewar looking time.
View attachment 567530
View attachment 567531
View attachment 567532
View attachment 567533
What do you think? Nice pick up. These earlier aviators are never in good shape, I haven't seen one in good shape.
Topline was a short lived Sears Brand, ended by WWII. The first Catalog use of the label is 1941. There are many more Topline labeled jackets than the few pictured in the catalog. Though short lived, probably the high mark for not only Sears but for all the catalog brands. It peaked just as it ended by the war time demands on materials and demand for products.

The first Sears catalog representation of a cross zip "Aviator" is in the 1937 catalog. The late 30s corresponds with zipper I have dated on vintage aviators. Many have pre-war Talon sunrise zippers.

1940 Sears Roebuck catalog. This jacket pictured is very similar to your jacket.

32101_B017998-00437.jpg

The jacket I purchased above is the same style of jacket that Bill Kelso used for the "Duke" model. I have one and recall the picture of the original with a Monarch label, hence my reproduction BK Duke has a Monarch label. It may well have been produced with a Sears Topline label also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy