Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Love all the older Toyotas, this one is a bit large for me, but it’ll do. :)
I not a fan of the new massive Tundra, etc

IMG_8524.jpeg
(Channeling a bit more Larry David than Christian though)

Last edited:

KBlake

One Too Many
I couldn’t resist this cal/al with quilted lining in pristine condition for a good price. View attachment 591589
This one is a beast. One of the nicer cals I’ve handled. The bicep and shoulder is pretty tight for me. Can only wear it with a t-shirt. Reluctant to part with it though. If someone here wants it, dm me.
IMG_7008.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7021.jpeg
    IMG_7021.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 40

AHP91

Practically Family
My limited words above are a reflection of my jealousy of such a fine jacket. It seems to have gone by unnoticed. These jackets were abundant in the catalogs, but so seldom seen today. The label, the Collar. Please post at least a picture of the interior. and the label.

This is another premier maker of California. They were well advertised through the country. California Sportswear was also advertised through out the country. Ralphs-Pugh jackets are seen in Western states and California in particular.

I don't recall the size? This is a garment I would love wear and of course own. It sounds as if the jacket has found a home.

That is quite a stunning piece even if I can't wear or own it.

Hello Terry. Took a couple more quick photos of this jacket. No union tag presents, found a little size 40 tag in the pocket.

Wore it to dinner yesterday- very nice midweight wool with a very comfortable lining. Fancy outdoor wear from the past. Didn’t see much else from this label other than a rather ugly looking sweater on eBay.

6DC658C1-B48D-4287-B95C-4B5AA39AD7DD.jpeg
62ECA1E4-28F6-4FE7-982D-704FB779DED8.jpeg
1B0D8866-2F08-41E7-96E3-112ACE096CCB.jpeg
CBA11C18-A207-46A8-A7DA-C076CA49FD25.jpeg
4825BF51-B21B-4764-A6EC-7173AA41A419.jpeg
34AA4E82-F216-4C45-BCAE-332123DCF859.jpeg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Hello Terry. Took a couple more quick photos of this jacket. No union tag presents, found a little size 40 tag in the pocket.

Wore it to dinner yesterday- very nice midweight wool with a very comfortable lining. Fancy outdoor wear from the past. Didn’t see much else from this label other than a rather ugly looking sweater on eBay.

View attachment 593214 View attachment 593215 View attachment 593216 View attachment 593217 View attachment 593218 View attachment 593219
Thank you. I thought it was a Block of California. Even more cool with the Black Bros label. I assume the Black Bros of Seattle Washington. I have one of their wool shirt/jacs that is a cut above.

such nice condition too. I have yet to acquire a combo jacket such as this style. They just don't come around often.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Looks like some jackets came in today. This one showed up in a box thrown near my residence. Came with a garbage bag which is good cause I ran out.

View attachment 593520 View attachment 593521 View attachment 593522 View attachment 593523 View attachment 593524
lol, must have been a body bag. That is an out standing coat. That orange tag is so outstanding. I've seen this on other Block jackets. I've seen a similar color on Ralphs-Pugh jackets.

Many variations on this long coat were made, the front on this one stands out among many I've seen. The single breasted have more appeal, seeming more modern

Without a zipper is difficult date. The label is one of their older with the mention of gloves. I would say early mid 1830s? Buttoned jackets became second place with the popular use of the zipper by 1933. Long leathers continued till WWII.

AHP91

Practically Family
lol, must have been a body bag. That is an out standing coat. That orange tag is so outstanding. I've seen this on other Block jackets. I've seen a similar color on Ralphs-Pugh jackets.

Many variations on this long coat were made, the front on this one stands out among many I've seen. The single breasted have more appeal, seeming more modern

Without a zipper is difficult date. The label is one of their older with the mention of gloves. I would say early mid 1830s? Buttoned jackets became second place with the popular use of the zipper by 1933. Long leathers continued till WWII.

Thanks Terry. The only other identifier on the jacket is the name of the owner written on the lining - Archie Grose in Elk Grove Oregon. Quick google search shows a probable match with that name born in 1888 in Missouri and later lived in Oregon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner