Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How often do you dine out?

How often do you dine out?

• More then once a week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Once a week

• Once a month

• Total voters

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Depends on what "dining out" means. If it means catching a burger at 10:15 PM last night after 3 hours of band practice, then man, I'm dining out a lot!

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I only said one once a week due to the fact that is only in the summer months when I attend weekly classic car cruise-ins with the Packard from roughly June-October. Otherwise once a month is a lot for us.

KAT

A-List Customer
uhhmm there was no answer for me..
i would say not even once a month!
i stay home and cook dinner,
its way nicer, i have way more time and its way cheaper

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
KAT said:
uhhmm there was no answer for me..
i would say not even once a month!
i stay home and cook dinner,
its way nicer, i have way more time and its way cheaper

That loud noise you hear is men scooting back their chairs to run for the phone to ask Kat out for dinner.

;)

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
I do not cook at all. Sometimes,I think I'll try a few classes and see what I can pick up. However,my husband cooks very well. Our schedules just don't always permit us to dine at the same time,but we eat out often on the weekends.

Dalexs

Practically Family
I have 2 kids under the age of 10... Dine out, are you insane!?! :eek:

(To answer th question, almost never, except maybe, when grandparents are in town.)

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I just love to cook at home!!

I've got my own vegetable and herb garden which I use every day for cooking fresh meals...yummmm!!! Supersize me some tarragon, oregano and sage!!

I just love to experiment in the kitchen and cook, especially for friends!! So I probably eat out, once a fortnight (on average), but often the food is never as good as clean, fresh, old fashioned home cooking (isn't that right Kat?).

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
J. M. Stovall said:
Too much.

We probably average a couple times a week at least. Not "fast" food, there are just so many taquerias and little diners and burger joints and thai food and vietnamese food and...well you get the idea. They don't call Texas the restaurant capital for nothing. And we take along the four-year-old too.

Now if I could only get to the gym.

KAT

A-List Customer
PADDY said:
I've got my own vegetable and herb garden which I use every day for cooking fresh meals...yummmm!!! Supersize me some tarragon, oregano and sage!!

I just love to experiment in the kitchen and cook, especially for friends!! So I probably eat out, once a fortnight (on average), but often the food is never as good as clean, fresh, old fashioned home cooking (isn't that right Kat?).

it is right! theres nothing better
i just like staying home and cook and entertain
its wonderful to have your own vegetable garden and own herbs (will have to get that again once i settle down again)
I especially "hate" dining out in the US. everything and everybody is so stressed and in a hectic mood! it seems to me that way! I think its just different! I believe, when europeans go out for dinner, they take their time and its something more special! For me its so special! Cause i know i will spend the whole evening in a restaurant! You chat, have some wine and its just nice! And nobody is bugging you a couple of times and nobody is rushing you to leave once you finished your plate! You actually sit down after dinner and chat!
Thats why i like to stay home and cook! Like PAddy said: you actually know whats in your food and it tastes much much better! And never forget the fun ! Its always fun to try and cook and entertain! If you have guests or not!

Caledonia

Practically Family
PADDY said:

That is so right. I can't remember the last time I was in a restaurant and thought I couldn't have done better. So I'm with you Paddy and Kat. Apart from that it's such a trek to get to a decent restaurant, and then I have to drive, so no lovely wine, so - oh look, it's sunny outside, and there's champagne in the fridge, and gorgeous feta cheese and couscous. Gotta dash! :D

KAT

A-List Customer
J. M. Stovall said:
Notice how the single Euopeans are the ones that like to cook (so far).

I think "DINING" and "FOOD" is something you have to enjoy! I cant enjoy my meal in 30 minutes...Thats why i stay home, I have my time and i know for sure nobody spit in MY soup:rolleyes:
Well i mean especially with kids! I dont have any but how many kids cant describe a flavor! When you take your time and lets say you cook with your kids, you teach them things, its fun. And if you have your own garden with lets say carrots. kids will learn how to take care of the garden, prepare the food and eat it ! How many kids make the experience like that? Its better then any microwave mac and cheese or fast dining out!
Staying and dining at home is one important time of the day! How many couples or families have the time to "TALK" . It also keeps the family together. They sit together at least once a day and talk! It doesnt get better when you eat out and you get rushed! Write down how long you talk to your family members in one day and pay attention to the subjects!
Look into the euopean kitchen: its a totally family thing! some still make their own pasta..the "real ones" fresh made with flour . Theres a recipe and i do make the pasta "fresh" with dough for that one!
I just take the time! People say they dont have time or "i cant cook"! I say that too...but i always try to take the time! ;)

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I like to cook. It also makes a budget go a lot farther.

But counting hoagies or burgers, I eat out about once every two weeks. Not counting sammiches, in a place with waitresses, maybe once every month and a half.

I like that thar fancy furrin restaurant! The one with the blue roof and the strawberry syrup!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL