Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hudson's Bay point blanket coats

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
I was recently discussing these coats with a fellow Canadian and we more or less agreed they're kind of cool but would only look good in the country with snow on the ground - wearing one in the city would look silly! Anyway, here's some random photos of men's and women's versions. I think these coats look great on women.

Canadian

One of the Regulars
My dear and late grandfather had one. He tried to give it to me, but I was a lot taller than he was. Quite a handsome garment and it was cold where he lived.

Tom

DNO

One Too Many
My wife has found a couple in thrift stores: one red and one multicoloured. Both for less that $10. Won't even mention the bounty of blankets in thrift stores!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
http://vintagehaberdashers.com/2013/02/19/hudsons-bay-blanket-coats/

IMG_2512.jpg

hbcboardsized.jpg

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
^ Do you have a warehouse attached to your house to hold all this stuff? LOL

Kidding aside, it's great to see these coats - thanks!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Another great one Dinerman! A little funny trivia I just found while trying to identify the model Winchester Tom is holding. In 1898 he enlisted in the Army to fight in the Spanish American War, his unit was never deployed. While on leave on July 18, 1902 he married Grace I. Allin, one big problem though, he failed to return to the Army! On November 4, 1902 he was officially listed as AWOL. For some reason, he was never court-marshaled, or discharged from the military. So for all intent and purpose Tom Mix is still on active duty in the U.S. Army!

shadowrider

One of the Regulars
Vintage%20Hudsons%20Bay%20Company%20Striped%20Wool%20Blanket%20Scarf-bought%20in%202016.%20There%20were%203%20for%20sale%20I%20bought%20one%20without%20the%20black%20_zpsveibp54h.jpg

I bought one of these two scarves from an antique store in Ontario, Canada. Mine is the one on top, without the "point" marks. It looks like it was hand cut from a blanket with a pair of scissors!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy