Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hugo Boss Vermins

MuyJingo

One of the Regulars
I would like to know what people think of these boots - Hugo Boss Vermins

I like them a lot as a dress boot, but my concern is that Hugo Boss isn't generally a name assoicated with quality boots, more so with fashion as I understand it. Can anyone give some input on what the quality of these boots may be, if they are familiar with Hugo Boss as a brand?

I was also wondering if calfskin is too delicate for a boot. I want something that I can take through water and snow if need be since I live in NYC, but don't want something delicate that will fall apart quickly. Is a calfskin boot analogous to a lambskin leather jacket?

Thanks for any input.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
These are probably outsourced where Boss just add their name to the boots. A bit like who actually makes Armani watches? The bit that ticks.
Probably quality for posing around in but would they take the rough and tumble of riding a motorcycle or a horse like RM Williams or Loakes?

pipvh

Practically Family
Having lived through some NYC/New England winters, I would be dubious about those boots lasting more than a month.

TeeJay

New in Town
I like them a lot as a dress boot, but my concern is that Hugo Boss isn't generally a name assoicated with quality boots, more so with fashion as I understand it. Can anyone give some input on what the quality of these boots may be, if they are familiar with Hugo Boss as a brand?
Here in Germany we have them a lot, and they are priced higher than normal but when it comes to leather with inferior quality. I had one Boss leather belt which disappointed me, the leather lasted only 2 years. Some other people in Germany wear Hugo Boss only to brag...

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I agree with that!

All the HB leather items i have handled were built with poor quality leather and the finish was usually pretty bad.

Considering those look like they are glued, and probably made for cheap with bad leather, i would not give them much time before they fall apart...

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I was also wondering if calfskin is too delicate for a boot. I want something that I can take through water and snow if need be since I live in NYC, but don't want something delicate that will fall apart quickly. Is a calfskin boot analogous to a lambskin leather jacket?
Calfskin is generally the choice for dress shoes and boots but well made calfskin footwear, properly conditioned and maintained, can hold their own with a NYC winter. I would not include those Boss boots in that category.

I wear these calfskin Chelsea boots in urban winter conditions without a worry:

image.jpg

IXL

One Too Many
As I recall, while reading about the British "Teds," "brothel creepers" were mentioned, and not knowing anything about them I performed an internet search. "Fedora Lounge" popped up and this is how I found all of you "Swells!" Don't tell my wife I was searching for anything having to do with brothels.......

MuyJingo

One of the Regulars
Thanks all for the feedback. It's good to know.

Could anyone recommend a similar boot from a quality maker for about the same price range?

Zappos had some similar boots from Steve Madden..how would they compare?

I've been all through the work boots thread and didn't find any that look similar with a side zip, which is what I really liked about these boots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt