Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I CAN'T WAIT....

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
my new jacket is in the UPS truck as we speak....

I just ordered from Gibson and Barnes...

Civil A-2 in Black Goatskin with thinsulate zip lining.....

The best part, it was only $100 !!!!!

Yes it was in the clearance section....I called and talked to this real nice lady who did what she said she would do and that is check and called me back. She told me that she had this coat but it had shoulder patches removed....the conversation went down liked this....it was about $350 but they usually sell it for $249, but I think I can get it for $150...well the next morning she called me and told em the boss told her that she couldn't take the $150, but $100....

I was fretting about the holes, but being in the car business i have an excellent leather repairman....and I figure for the price of postage, it is worth the effort....sharpetoys of course helped me with this grand decision....

I will post pictures of the before and after of the repair.....

My jackets are like a tool to me...the Civil A2 gives me the pockets for gloves, camera and notepad for doing the internet stuff. it's been about 10 to 20 degrees outside latley....

wish me luck...

mark the shoeshine boy

jacketquest

Familiar Face
Wow, what a deal! I don't see how you can go wrong with $100 for a FlightSuits jacket.

And do elaborate on how you plan to fix the stitch holes. I have a few jackets that could use this treatment. TIA.

Raymundo

One of the Regulars
Nice buy!! I have a Flight Suits Civil A-2 and, so far, it is my favorite jacket. The grain is the nicest I have ever seen on goatskin. Don't worry about the patch holes. I am sure the patches were removed very carefully and will hardly be noticeable especially on a black jacket. You bought a great every day wearer at a great price. Enjoy!

Ray

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
jacketquest said:
Wow, what a deal! I don't see how you can go wrong with $100 for a FlightSuits jacket.

And do elaborate on how you plan to fix the stitch holes. I have a few jackets that could use this treatment. TIA.

i am in the auto sales business and in charge of the reconditioning of the pre-owned vehicles and a (internet sales manager) and Burt comes by on thursday to repair our window chips, cloth, vinyl and leather repair...he is quite good and I expect there are good ones in your neighborhood too.

Burt would have to see the holes first, but I will post this one as soon as I get it and show the repirs if they can be done....

mark the shoeshine boy

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
well to my dismay, the leather repairman, who comes by the dealership, said the holes were too small for his stuff to patch it.

You actually can't see the holes when you back away from the jacket, however, the repairman said maybe in time when it gets wet the holes will disappear...or perhaps use a little leather balm on it....

I think I will let it be and tell everone i got demoted.....lol lol lol

I have pictures at my dealership computer, that make it looks worse than it is...i need to show the jacket from a distance, too.

Sorry, I didn't have better news.

Mark the shoeshine boy

Leading Edge

One of the Regulars
I agree with the "let it be" part - not the "got demoted part". Anyone who swings a deal like you just did is not only manifesting some really powerful karma stuff but absolutely gets PROmoted ! ! !

Besides which, the world is full of patches.
The way your luck is running, the one that's best will show up soon enough. . . just let it be.

Oh, and congratulations BTW:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
I wait with bated breath for the pictures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic