Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I created something for you all because I love you all so! Follow the link!

Julius Xavier

One of the Regulars
After reading all the post that I made about my suitcase and vintage labels in general I thought I would share all of my labels with you guys in case you wanted to make your own vintage suitcase. I'm sorry if the website is a little lame but...

1. I did it in a matter of hours

and 2. I've NEVER built a website before

I will have more labels to post soon, some of the ones I have are authentic to the period, other I created myself. I really truely hope you all enjoy.

http://www.geocities.com/an_available_guy/index.html?1116975347484

As Always-
Doc

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Hey, THANKS

Nice - thanks for doing this. On my Mac, it's easy as can be to swipe these - just drag them to the desktop.

Now WE have a collection of travel labels, thanks to you, Doc. :)

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
What a great resource you have created there...!

#Thanks for that Doc! Wish I'd had that before I went on my crusade to do labels. That will be a major help now for those who fancy some decoupage!! What a fine fellow you are.

Jake

One of the Regulars
Thanks Doc., now I'll have to go out and find a myself an old suitcase. It will be just the right addition to the travel section of my personal Fedora Lounge in my basement.

Mr. Sable

A-List Customer
Here's a question regarding these travel stickers... how do you adhere them to your suitcase? also, what sort of paper do you print them on that will stand up to real travel?

I got some of those reproduction travel stickers from Pier 1 Imports a while back and they didn't stick so well. Then I used photo adhesive to re-apply them, but they still peeled and left a gummy resin on the case that attracted lots of dirt and lint.

As a side note, when I first put them on my suitcase and bombed down to Santa Barbara, a gorgeous Indian lady at the airport seemed very intrigued by the stickers and asked, "OH! You've been to Sumatra?!". "No, sorry, Doll. This is my first trip anywhere. The stickers are fake.", but we had a nice conversation anyway as a result.

Julius Xavier

One of the Regulars
Vintage Labels

Mr. Sable

I went to a computer paper store like Office Max or something of that nature and bought some sticker paper for my printer. After printing out the labels I stuck them on the suitcase and then went to the craft store and picked up some decopaugue, it's a glue like substance that adhears the sitcker directly to the suitcase and water proofs them as well. I find it works great after about three applications.

Hope this helps-

Doc

Dahlia

Familiar Face
It's a very nice site, simple and effective. I think you have inspired my crafting side...

Do you have any photographs of the finished product (your suitcase)?

Julius Xavier

One of the Regulars
Gift

Sure do here is the finished product.

109507367.jpg

109507344.jpg

109507335.jpg

Enjoy.

-Doc

Hondo

One Too Many
Wow neat website, and wow thats one great suitcase, I wonder if theres a place that has or sells replicas of old stickers like on yours, perhaps only to relive this through cinema's films when world wide travel was so much simpler.
Thanks for sharing, :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo