Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

i got a Luftwaffe Hartmann jackets

elevensun

New in Town
I go buy a hartmann 44R but I think is too Fat on waist....I hold each said like 4cm use my hand will right fit.... sould i go for 42R ??40R?
knitted sweater insaid
Shoulder anying else is feels good The last two Photo is when I hold each said 191780CF-A901-49FE-8074-474C5E5F608B.jpeg webwxgetmsgimg.jpg webwxgetmsgimg (1).jpg BBAE372B-8260-45C9-AAC0-762D5A4D5EAC.jpeg

nick123

I'll Lock Up
It looks perfect. Unless you want to wear a straight jacket, that little bit of room in the chest is normal. Damn it, I want one.

elevensun

New in Town
It looks perfect. Unless you want to wear a straight jacket, that little bit of room in the chest is normal. Damn it, I want one.
but real loose on waist~~sould go for 42R? was use my hand hold on each said like 4CM ..

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Finding the same issue with mine compared to my Ostmann jacket. It's not a problem, but I may speak to a 'leather tailor' at some point about having the waist slimmed a bit.

Peacoat

Bartender
A side view without holding it, as said above, would be helpful. It does appear to me there is too much material at the waist. A 42 would be too tight elsewhere. Might be a good idea to see what a tailor says about taking it in. It really should fit more trim than that.

elevensun

New in Town
The originals were cut like this. It was meant to be short and ride high: at hip bones, offering room for your belly as you sat in a cockpit.
View attachment 100674

And these were HIGH Waisted trousers.

Yes, I like it, but like I say the waisted was real fat(I will draw Red line on pic), like 8cm Total loose,make the jacket real boxy too much extr materiel,it don’t look like Photo thin on waisted Until I hold each side to make the fit

G'c

Familiar Face
@elevensun Hi! I am from Hong Kong and went to Taiwan for shopping last year for the awesome selection you had there in relation to vintage inspired wear and workwear! Are you buying from Eastern hero company, hank li or back to original? In any event I did try out that jacket last year when I visited in person.

I have the same concern about the fit, I think it does looks slightly too loose and not too flattering, considering I don't have a bigger chest and shoulders. Note from other posters this jacket is intended to be a repro and it's not the fault of the maker. It is what it is.

I seriously think you should consider another mother as @SpeedRcrX suggested. Sometimes a jacket may look great in pictures but just might not fit your body. It's quite alot of money so take your time and consider it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters