Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I know I'm in the right place!

mannySpaghetti

One of the Regulars
Well, after so many months of perusing these boards and finally biting the bullet to create an email account that would be accepted by the lounge, I'm glad I'm here among other men with a fashion sense and certainly the style I'm so accustomed too. I just thought it appropriate to introduce myself briefly as I don't want to come across as some troll passing through. My name's Manny and I'm from Haverhill, MA. I'm 40 with three beautiful kids and married 12 years now. I've served as an Infantryman in the U.S. Army and am proud to have done so, hell, it's been 13 years since I became a civilian and I still miss it.

My love of the "Golden Years" is something that was passed on to me by my own father. The gab, the style, "Being a man" as my pop used to always say, has always stuck on me and I hope I can pass it on to my sons as well. With the advent of the droopy drawers, crooked ball caps and foil on the teeth style of today, I don't see why they wouldn't, but you never know eh?

I've actually sold fedoras, homburgs, bowlers and topcoats on ebaY before and have decided that I do want to make it a seasonal thing as it can be quite lucrative over the Fall and Winter months. Besides the fact that I've scored some really nice lids for my own collection that way. I just can't have too many! and it drives my wife bonkers, lol.

I like it here as there's so much wealth of information that's valuable to the success of my small side business on ebaY and to multiply my own knowledge on the subject of men's style!(or at least how I perceive it to be) It's great to be here guys and I hope we can become great pals, as far as the internet will allow anyways. CIAO!

.....Here's a LINK to my small, but growing collection of fedoras.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Welcome!

You have some nice hats there. Don't worry, your collection will grow and drive your wife even more bonkers. ;)

Edit: And I see some nice firepower in some of those pics. Cheers!

indycop

I'll Lock Up
mannySpaghetti said:
I'm 40 with three beautiful kids and married 12 years now. I've served as an Infantryman in the U.S. Army and am proud to have done so, hell, it's been 13 years since I became a civilian and I still miss it.
Welcome to the lounge Manny!
HHmmmmnnn, I am now 40, have 2 kids and married 12 years. And also served as an Infantryman in the U.S. Army....:D

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welcome

Nice to see ya' here Manny. Killer collection you've started and if I may say so you wear them well.
I have a few I have been meaning to send to "Mike the Hatter" myself. You seem to be a satisfied customer, it is nice to have a recommendation.
See ya' 'round the Lounge. :cheers1:

Regards,

RB

carter

I'll Lock Up
Welcome, Manny. I'm glad to see someone actually sells a hat (sometimes) when they get a better one. I admire the discipline.

Spats McGee

One Too Many
Welcome to the Lounge, Manny! You've got a collection of fine-looking lids.

I couldn't help but notice, though, that you've got some interesting, erm, hardware on the shelf behind the hats . . .

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welcome to the lounge, Manny. You'll like it here. I saw some nice looking hats you have there.

troy

One of the Regulars
Hi Manny,

Welcome from another newbie here. I too live in Mass, but I'm in Western Mass. I'm sure you will find as I have, that the folks here are extremely knowledgeable and very helpful.

That's a nice collection of hats, but be careful, although my collection is still small, it has more than doubled since I joined here a few months ago!

Enjoy!

troy

PS: When you have things for sale, be sure to post them in the Classifieds department so we can get a chance at them!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy