Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I love the Fed IV!!

This was me dressed as Indiana Jones for Halloween 2008.

HrXihh8.jpg

The reason I'm posting this photo here is because I was 6'2" and 200 lbs. (give or take five pounds) at the time, and I thought it would give Loneguitar a better idea of how the Fed IV looks on someone who is (or was) approximately his height and weight.

Nope, I can’t see you at all in that photo...the hallmark of a great costume.
You’re looking fit and svelte these days.

Wasn't meant in an evaluative way. You just look so different.
Oh, I know. I've actually heard that from a number of people every time I've shaved off my facial hair. "Wow, I barely recognized you! You look so much younger!" :rolleyes: Also, at the time I was still trying to lose the 30 lbs. I gained when I stopped smoking in 2004, which is why I look like Harrison Ford's fat stunt double.

Nope, I can’t see you at all in that photo...the hallmark of a great costume.
You’re looking fit and svelte these days.
Thank you. And yeah, I've lost about 35-40 pounds since the beginning of 2017. Someone actually called me "skinny" a few days ago; first time that's happened in more than 30 years.

James McShay

New in Town
How does the Stylemaster compare in shape against the Fed? I believe I remember reading that the Stylemaster comes pre-bashed, but it's also a lower, more 50s style crown isn't it? My preference in a fedora in general is tall and wide, but a lower crown with a 2" brim can also be nice for a more casual look with an A2 and slacks, or w.h.y..
Here's a picture
Screenshot 2018-07-22 at 2.51.48 AM - Edited.png
of me in my moonstone stylemaster.

There is an inverse ratio of amount of facial hair I have the the amorous affections of my wife. It’s not a hard choice for me to make. :)
The only time my wife adamantly expressed an opinion on the matter was in the early 80s when I briefly tried a mustache with no goatee or beard; we both agreed it was not a good look for me. Otherwise, although she hasn't definitively confirmed it, I think she prefers me with some form of goatee or beard as long as I keep it trimmed.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
The only time my wife adamantly expressed an opinion on the matter was in the early 80s when I briefly tried a mustache with no goatee or beard; we both agreed it was not a good look for me. Otherwise, although she hasn't definitively confirmed it, I think she prefers me with some form of goatee or beard as long as I keep it trimmed.

My wife definitely prefers me with my goatee and some light overall beard growth up the sides of my face. I trim the goatee every few weeks, shave the sides on Monday mornings, and my neck every other day.

Just A Hat Rack

Practically Family
My wife prefers me to be clean shaven, but doesn't mind my beard so long as I keep it tame. I personally don't like myself without some sort of facial hair, and prefer a beard. I keep it relatively close in the warmer months, but let it grow over the winter. I'll trim it every week or so just so I don't look like a bum.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21