Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If I had to pick one girl from the golden era

DharmaBum

One of the Regulars
Not sure if she has previously been mentioned in this thread but my vote would be for Joan Bennett. She's out of sight in my book and a Jersey girl to boot!

31 Model A

A-List Customer
So many............. Vivian Leigh, Ava Gardner, Marlene Dietrich; etc etc but the most sultry, alluring, bedroom eyed beauty has to be..............Greta Garbo. Those round eyes, perfect lips........well....what else is there to say???????? She was living doll!!!!

SurfGent

Suspended
images.jpg

Patricia Neal is one of my favorites and possibly the most-underappreciated star of her period. Yes, as you point out, she was quite attractive, but she also had the acting chops to match. "Hud," "Breakfast at Tiffany's," "The Subject Was Roses" "The Day the Earth Stood Still" and "The Fountainhead" are just some of the movies her acting skills and range help to elevate.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Patricia Neal was a true beauty. Sadly, my direct memories of her stem from commercials she did in the 70s, I think they were for Polident or denture cream or something, and Anacin I think. To this day it's what I associate with her!

FATS88

One of the Regulars
6683846783_5a0bbf7041_z.jpg
lDDR.jpg

Dolores Del Rio would've been my Pin Up Girl! In my footlocker, on the instrument panel, dashboard etc. "WHAT A TOMAYTAH!"

Last edited:
Patricia Neal was a true beauty. Sadly, my direct memories of her stem from commercials she did in the 70s, I think they were for Polident or denture cream or something, and Anacin I think. To this day it's what I associate with her!

To shake that (horrible) image from your mind watch her in:

"Hud" for her raw, honest and not salacious portrayal of sexuality

"The Subject was Roses" for her ability to deliver a range of emotions and unspoken poignancy that is stunning (albeit in one heck of a depressing movie)

"The Fountainhead" to see her at the peak of her physical beauty.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
To shake that (horrible) image from your mind watch her in:

"Hud" for her raw, honest and not salacious portrayal of sexuality

"The Subject was Roses" for her ability to deliver a range of emotions and unspoken poignancy that is stunning (albeit in one heck of a depressing movie)

"The Fountainhead" to see her at the peak of her physical beauty.

Will do!

trapped

New in Town
Oh my GOD. Where do I start? I am a major fanatic of The Golden Age Of Hollywood. A film fanatic in general. My favorite kinds of films. The decades. All Genres From The 1930s. All Genres From The 1940s. 1950s Western Genre Only. 1950s Musical Genre Only. 1970s. 1980s To Present Indie And Arthouse Films. 1980s B - Movies. I know it contradicts. BUT. 1980s B - Movie flicks are just so silly that they rule so hard.

Back to the lovely ladies. Can't never choose one. There are tons that I am just crazy about. I love like 90 % of them. Photographs will follow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ