Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If I had to pick one girl from the golden era

LadyStardust

Practically Family
moustache said:
In opera at that time i also fell in love with Geraldine Farrar.Beauty,voice.
farrar.jpg

farrar08.jpg

farrar17.jpg

SHe can be heard in her early days with Caruso and other stars.

JD
Vancouver,Wa
She is enchanting! In my mind, Edwardian ladies, even "common folk" are the pinnacle of beauty. :) To me, there is none more stunning than Maude Fealy.
pc000091.jpg

Her beauty is so exquisite as to be ethereal. :)

Well, assuming we're talking about taking Doc Brown's DeLorean out for a test-drive to a dinner-date, I'd probably call "preferred option" a toss-up between Audrey Hepburn ca. Breakfast at Tiffany's filming or Daniela Bianchi ca. From Russia With Love.

For contemporary, ditch the Hollywood twits, my first picks would be some of the ladies of the Lounge!;) (But I'll never tell which ones... that would be both gossiping and ungentlemanly! At least one of 'em knows it, though...;) lol )

CharlieH.

One Too Many
Diamondback said:
For contemporary, ditch the Hollywood twits, my first picks would be some of the ladies of the Lounge!;) (But I'll never tell which ones... that would be both gossiping and ungentlemanly! At least one of 'em knows it, though...;) lol )

I second that!
(But God forbid we vie for the attentions of the same lady!)

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Katharine Hepburn. Grace, style and attitude.

I got The Philadelphia Story for to see Grant, but Katharine carbonated my hormones. :rolleyes:

Lee

"On the whole, I preferred cats to women because cats seldom if ever used the word 'relationship.'" - Kinky Friedman

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
If I had to pick one girl from the golden era...

...she wouldn't be a star. She would only ever appear in one film, an experimental mood piece made by a college friend who was crazy in love with her but couldn't find a way to say it.

When the film was done, his true feelings were obvious in the camera's adoring eye. He proposed. She accepted. They lived happily ever after.

autumn_fire.jpg

Erna Bergman, star of Autumn Fire, 1931.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
So if I had to pick one I'd pick at least 4:
Hedy Lamarr - check out "Algiers" 1937
Alice Faye - What a woman!!!
http://www.alicefaye.com/
Lelie Caron - "Gigi" - 1958, "Lili" 1953, etc., etc.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001989/
Maria Schell - sister of Maximillian, a tragic beauty
http://www.filmreference.com/Actors-and-Actresses-Ro-Sc/Schell-Maria.html
Glynis Johns - adorable! Check out "Miranda" 1948, the "prequel" to "Splash".
http://www.britmovie.co.uk/actors/j/006.html
and I'd have to include Carol Landis in that group, too.

GeniusInTheLamp

One of the Regulars
I'm still sticking with the lovely lady in my avatar, Christine McIntyre. Pretty, smart, and blessed with a gorgeous voice, she's my choice from that era.

Just don't get on her bad side. Look what happened to Shemp in BRIDELESS GROOM.

Hondo

One Too Many
GeniusInTheLamp said:
I'm still sticking with the lovely lady in my avatar, Christine McIntyre. Pretty, smart, and blessed with a gorgeous voice, she's my choice from that era.

Just don't get on her bad side. Look what happened to Shemp in BRIDELESS GROOM.

Oh fur sure, she is a beauty, and Shemp in Brideless Groom was Hilarious, "Your little dream boat is sailing away" lol

But for me, I'll take Veronica Lake as in Sullivan's Travels, talk about gorgeous! which reminds me of Traci Lords!!! ;)

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Wild Root said:
Sweeeeeet photos Doll! :cheers1:

Root.

Speaking of dolls. . . er, photos: Root, your uncanny ability to find photos of classic era actresses astounds me. But, who is in the photo that Harry Anderson, as Judge Harry Stone of Night Court, has hanging on the wall behind his office desk? He named her in one episode (the one where he covers her eyes with a Post-It, I think), but darned if I can remember.

Thank you,

Lee

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Okay, I'm in Fantasyland!

Curt Chiarelli said:

Jennifer Connelly! Ohhh, MY! Did a job on my heart in Career Oportunities; Flew me to the moon in The Rocketeer; A shining star in Dark City (especially in the green number she wears on stage near the beginning); Absolutely BEAUTIFUL in A Beautiful Mind. (Be still, my heart.) She just keeps getting better and better! And I could stare into her gorgeous green eyes all day!! :eusa_clap

If I were the obsessive type, she'd have a stalker! lol

Lee

A tad over the top, maybe? :p

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
harlowpic.jpg

That was the lovely Jean Harlow behind Judge Stone's desk.

Night Court is such a guilty pleasure for me (I'm sure some of it is due to Harry's hats).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko