Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you knew tomorrow was your last day on earth, what would be your last movie?

geoff_icp

New in Town
For all of you who think this question is ridiculous or keep saying you would not be spending your last time watching a movie, seriously, I GET IT!! God forbid I try going about trying to find out what movie is most important to you, most meaningful, or just most enjoyable. Forgive me for apparently thinking that people would understand the nature of my question. Anyone can ask "What is your favorite movie?" But then you get 20 answers, and for that matter, who says you would watch your "favorite" movie. Perhaps I should re-phrase the question a third time so that I will no longer get these off-topic responses. I didn't ask if you would do something else did I?

So, if you knew the next movie you saw would be the last, NOT BECAUSE YOU ARE DYING, but just BECAUSE, what would it be?

And thanks to those of you who actually gave me a worthwhile answer!

geoff_icp

New in Town
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Hate to point this out but...if that's true, then it shouldn't matter that Geoff's new either. Surely Geoff is a big boy and can fight his own battles.

I didn't come here to fight battles... I am 26, randomly got interested in Classic Movies about a year ago, and want to expand my horizons.

Harley Quinn

One of the Regulars
OK, I decided

"The Thing From Another World" 1982... and a bowl of mini Dime bars. Chilled.

Ain't classic, but I like it...

and if the clock hadn't reached midnight... My collection of Tex Avery Cartoons to fill out the remaining minutes... :)

Hey, I'm a simple guy at heart and Lovecraftian horror, followed by the golden age of American animation is as good as it gets...

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Geoff - It's all relative. If 29 people read your question, 29 people could all interpret it differently. That's the beauty (and aggrevation) of open forums like this. I meant nothing personal by my response, I just answered it honestly.

But if I were to watch a movie, i think it would be Pee Wee's Big Adventure. I have a ridicously juvenile fascination with that ridiculous movie and I absolutely adore it.

merkman

Familiar Face
"On the Beach" Then when it was over , I'd go out in the garage and take myself out just like Fred Astair did..................

Edward

Bartender
For me it would have to be....

The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Of all the films I have ever loved, I have seen no other as many times, been so involved in any other fan community or met so many great people as a result of.

It's also the only film I've ever travelled across countries (and one or twice continents) to stand in front of, dressed as a character on screen and mimic their every move.

If it was to be my last day on earth and I was to watch one film, that would be it.... if we can stretch the definition of "watch" to "stand with my back to the screen, aping Dr Frank'n'Furter for one last time," that would be it.... ideally I would die at the exact point Frank does on screen.

As Eric Idle put it, "Remember it's a show, keep 'em laughing as you go..."

The Dame

One of the Regulars
Oh, my, Edward! I'm having a hard time reconciling the mental polaroid your last post has given me with your very dapper avatar!!! But I like a man secure enough to sport a garter and stockings ... ;) :D

CassD

One of the Regulars
The Dame said:
If I could pick a more modern movie to watch as my last movie, it might just have to be Dangerous Liasons starring Glenn Close and John Malkovich.

That is a truly fantastic movie. I have a really hard time with this one because I keep wanting to go back and add more movies. I love movies so much.

Mike1939

One of the Regulars
Miss 1929 said:
Frank capra's "It's a Wonderful Life" - I never tire of that film!

It's a Wonderful Life is definitely in my top ten favorites. One of the great things about it is following George Baily's life through the time period I love so much. His childhood in the teens, doing the Charleston in the 20's, times getting tough in the 30's, and life on the homefront in the 40's.

There was a old theater in downtown Sacramento that played this movie and White Christmas alternating years around Christmas time. I'm not sure if they still do but it sure is wonderful to see on the big screen. :)

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
One more movie to watch. I'd be torn between several old favorites or maybe watching a film I'd never seen before and always meant to....

Maybe I would just watch Bergman's The Seventh Seal, then reflect upon my mortality and let it go at that.

Or maybe I would watch Gojira, the orginal Godzilla movie. I've never seen it.

karol

The Dame

One of the Regulars
CassD said:
That is a truly fantastic movie. I have a really hard time with this one because I keep wanting to go back and add more movies. I love movies so much.

CassD, I think we were separated at birth - movie buffs, Ladies-in-Waiting, trousers, Kate Hepburn ... you're my kinda gal! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo