Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Impulse buy -- did I waste half a "C" note?

Ugarte

A-List Customer
Kilroy said:
Duane is a regular here. He owns the Fedora Store.
Hiding a moth bite is not really complicated. Just start picking at the hole with a straight pin. You'll pull up small strands of felt. Then blend the strands to cover the hole. Try it on a small hole to start with. Or if you have a beater, practice on it.

Thanks Kilroy. Before I bother Duane, I think I can probably handle this myself without screwing it up too much <crosses fingers>. I'll know more in about 10 days when I get the hat.

If the mothing is covered by the band and trolly cord I may just leave it alone completely. At any rate, I'll keep you all posted.

Mark

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Mark,

I'm afraid I don't have much to add regarding the company; don't even know if the baseball cap company is the same one or not.

I do have several Champ hats, though. They're well-made, and have a "substantial" feel to them, if that makes sense. They feel right. Can't really explain it any better than that. Though you can't see it very well I'm wearing a dark green one in my current avatar.

Enjoy yours when it arrives!
Tom

ideaguy

One Too Many
too bad when hats you want fall into your lap. really. I'll send a sympathy card...we only spend most of our lives looking for these silly things (or so it seems)-next time you get the "impulse" to buy, give me a holler & I'll put my order in. Heck. size, color,style...poor guy-must be in shock:eek:

Pilgrim

One Too Many
I have a good opinion of Champ hats. I think you did just fine for the price - and I REALLY like the look of the hat. I'd call it a score!!

eaglerich

New in Town
Love those Champs!

I, too, love Champ hats. I now own four, and surely would have bid on that one if it was in my size. Great style , great color, and a wind trolley to boot!
I think you got a good deal. That one will notice that moth nibble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes