Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In love with a book!

angeljenny

A-List Customer
Well actually two books!

I won these on eBay and am so excited with them!

They are both 12 part courses where you get a magazine and a little envelope with each lesson. All 12 parts and envelopes are present.

The first one is a series called Glorify Yourself which has hair, skin, make up, diet, posture and personal charm. The staples are rusted and a couple of pages are loose but over all good condition.

The second one is called The Ethel Cotton Course in Conversation and covers all sorts of things such as guiding conversation, getting acquainted, humour and colourful conversation.

So excited! I'm not sure when they are from but I think they are maybe 1950's.

Some photographs:

Book One - lots of pictures both drawn and photographs.

Book Two - mostly writing in this one.

Wire9Vintage

A-List Customer
Ooooh, AngelJenny, I am so jealous! I collect those kinds of books from the turn of the century to the 1960s. I'll have to keep my eye out for another collection like yours. Some of the advice will strike you as a bit silly, and then other stuff you'll think, "hmmm, why did no one ever tell me that before!!"

Enjoy!!

angeljenny

A-List Customer
I have only flicked through the Glorify Yourself one but so far it is fascinating!

It is really putting me in a 1950's mindset!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo