Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In Praise of FL Lurkers

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home

Time to give a big nod to our silent majority: the Fedora Lounge lurkers. That's right ... the many thousands of very mum folks --some of them registered members, most of 'em not-- who look at our threads and that's about it.

Who are our lurkers? We'll never know. Perhaps they are peasants ... perhaps they are kings. Perhaps they secretly lust after our Stetson-capped physiques. Maybe they're just laughing at us (and who could blame 'em?) This much we know: the FL's lurkers feed our threads' view counts and presumably see the adverts. They deserve to be recognized. They need to be praised.

:eusa_clap So thank you, lurkers, each and every one. You won't say "You're welcome," but that's okay. After all, you are lurkers! :)

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
I was a very short time before I joined (no more than a few days). I was looking for info about the Stetson Downs and a thread on this site came up. Since not much information was given I decided I'd have to join in order to ask more questions. Once I got the info I wanted Idecided it was worthwhile to stay here when I saw that there are a lot perfectly normal people who, like me, enjoy wearing hats and dressing like people used to.

Now that I think about it though, I came across this site a year before I joined in a search about sweatband shrinkage, but at the time didn't see any need to join.

So may we wish the lurkers a welcome, just as we would with any new member.

Foofoogal

Banned
Hi there, Johnny "Lurker" Depp!

trying to make me faint? :eek:

<-----------not a lurking bone in my body. Wouldn't even know how.
(ppsssttt...yes, we know)

I was always the first one on the dance floor too..

Welcome to all of you. If it counts I am always attracted to the quiet type. lol

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
I was hardly a Lurker...I joined FL at the drop of a hat. (nice pun, eh? ;) )

Congrats to the Lurkers though. May they all turn into full-fledged Lounge addicts in their own time!

bettydarling

One of the Regulars
As a recent convert I must admit that I began as a lurker. I wanted to enter the inner realm much sooner but with the absence of a non-hotmail/gmail email I had to wait until I magically acquired a usable email address.

....I was lurking, secretly lurking all the while!

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
I know I'm new and don't contribute a lot as I have much to learn. I found FL whilst Googling Marcel Waves, landed in the Beauty section and then waited impatiently for membership approval. (Ain't that so, LD? :eek: )

I couldn't lurk if my life depended on it. It would be like living under a gag order!

BTW Johnny if the French wife thing or the FooFooGal thing doesn't work out for you, pm me. Oh shoot, only members can pm. ;) Doomed. Doomed to be a spinster.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Lady Day said:
If you mean guests, like people who dont have log ins, I find it amusing you placing this kudos thread in a room they can see ;)

Which begs the question: why is the Observation Bar closed to lurkers (er, guests)?

I'd like to have opened this thread in one of the public sections. But which of those sections would be appropriate for this kind of thread? Short answer: none.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I would think there have to be some surprises for people when you get a log in, right? Otherwise, whats the bonus?

As to where to move this particular thread, I think its swell where it is :)

LD

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Lady Day said:
I would think there have to be some surprises for people when you get a log in, right? Otherwise, whats the bonus?

As to where to move this particular thread, I think its swell where it is :)

LD

You have a good point. (But how do the guests know that these surprises exist? ;))

I like that the thread is here, too. If anything, it's a humbling reminder that we all began as guests.

Brooksie

One Too Many
I was also never a lurker as soon as I stumbled upon the joint I signed up but that was because I did not know anything about forums or much about computors at that time.

B

The Good

Call Me a Cab
You know, I was a frequent lurker for four months before deciding to register. The forum's topics; hats, suits, jackets, World War II, the Golden Era.... they're all interesting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24