Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In Praise of FL Lurkers

YETI

A-List Customer
To be honest, I joined the Lounge just to be a bidder on the johnnyphi hat auctions. It's ironic because I never placed a bid. For vintage collectors and for those aspiring this site offers a good deal of knowledge. That's why I lurk 99% of the time just reading posts.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
I love how this seemingly harmless thread has become an avenue for the usual suspects to start an orgy of sucking up to each other.....in the nicest possible way of course.....:rolleyes:

rue

I don't know who you are referring to, but I will say that anything I write on here, unless stated otherwise by a smart-ass emoticon, is actually how I feel and anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't know me at all. I know that I have no reason to suck up to anyone and I hardly think anyone else does either. What would that get anyone in all honesty? I feel that I need to defend those that you are referring to, because I never get that feeling from anyone on the FL.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Cookie should confine himself to the shoe department..... à la Al Bundy.......

JWS34

New in Town
Hello all, I joined up late last september. I was interested in early campaign hats and was gathering information. I found your forum and beacame interested in more and more subjects because of things found here. I dont often post as I still consider myself a novice in the era. I was always interested in the Gangster 20's and WWII 40's, but am now more interested in the day to day life as opposed to the grander history. It has been an education.

rue

I don't exactly know who he is referring to, but I feel that I should defend them, no matter who it is.... better? It was late and I was pissed, pardon me.

Geez..... people are bitchy on here lately :rolleyes: I don't think this is helping lurkers come out to say something.....

Last edited:

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
I don't exactly know who he is referring to, but I feel that I should defend them, no matter who it is.... better? It was late and I was pissed, pardon me.

Geez..... people are bitchy on here lately :rolleyes: I don't think this is helping lurkers come out to say something.....

Please take no offense. I was merely a bit confused by your conflicting statements within the same paragraph. It is certainly a much admired action to defend a man you do not know on issues of which you are unaware.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Why would you say this, Cookie? I just don't get it......

I love how this seemingly harmless thread has become an avenue for the usual suspects to start an orgy of sucking up to each other.....in the nicest possible way of course.....:rolleyes:

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Why would you say this, Cookie? I just don't get it......

BO0126.jpg

C-dot

Call Me a Cab

At least they can't see this thread until after they stop lurking.

Please take no offense. I was merely a bit confused by your conflicting statements within the same paragraph. It is certainly a much admired action to defend a man you do not know on issues of which you are unaware.

Now, was that nice?

The phrase "pick your battles" comes to mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24