Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In Praise of FL Lurkers

Tatum

Practically Family
I lurked for ages before I joined, due to a fear of forums. I lurk all the threads other than the ladies' threads (in which I DO post), but I never seem to have anything to say. Even if said thread has me laughing until my sides hurt. For some reason, I don't feel like I am contributing to the post in any positive way by responding with "ROFL"....

But good gracious, what I have learned by just reading all the threads. It's amazing. The knowledge here is astounding! :)

rue

I lurked for ages before I joined, due to a fear of forums. I lurk all the threads other than the ladies' threads (in which I DO post), but I never seem to have anything to say. Even if said thread has me laughing until my sides hurt. For some reason, I don't feel like I am contributing to the post in any positive way by responding with "ROFL"....

But good gracious, what I have learned by just reading all the threads. It's amazing. The knowledge here is astounding! :)

Tatum.... you really should post in those other threads. You're incredibly smart and funny and I'd like the company :)

cydneyr

New in Town
I lurked for a few days prior to joining, I love the topics discussed; I feel like a learn a ton! I'm a senior in high school and my friend's always tease me about my obsession with Old Hollywood and the Golden Age; so, I love looking at what people with the same interest post! It's nice to know things past are still appreciated!

Tatum

Practically Family
Oh please... there is no one more dorky than me lol
Oh and I loved your video :)

I don't think I would describe you as dorky... Mostly gregarious and excruciatingly quick-witted! ;)

Thanks! I was wondering how well that would go over... I think it came out OK. Definitely more shy and reserved than I am in real life! I had a few girlfriends watch it before I let it out into the world, and they said it was like I was on stage or something, except for the comment I made about the hubby. LOL!

rue

I don't think I would describe you as dorky... Mostly gregarious and excruciatingly quick-witted! ;)

Thanks! I was wondering how well that would go over... I think it came out OK. Definitely more shy and reserved than I am in real life! I had a few girlfriends watch it before I let it out into the world, and they said it was like I was on stage or something, except for the comment I made about the hubby. LOL!

Well thanks, but most of the time I feel like a moron and constantly want to erase anything I post lol

I thought you were fantastic and a complete natural. I loved the hubby comment... I cracked up :D

I've completely forgotten what my very first post on ANY forum was but for some reason I do remember my second one. It was:

"What did I say??? What did I do now????" :eusa_doh::eeek:

:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot