Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In The New Old-Fashioned Way

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes, I've already figured out what I'm wearing this Christmas:
IMG_2624.jpg

This early 40's (possibly 30's) thin knit sweater. I love it.
So what are YOU wearing this Christmas?

Geesie

Practically Family
flat-top said:
Yes, I've already figured out what I'm wearing this Christmas:

This early 40's (possibly 30's) thin knit sweater. I love it.
So what are YOU wearing this Christmas?

Well, I'll probably wear my pinstripe suit to church but lounge around in my cheap cardigan and slippers the rest of the day.

carter

I'll Lock Up
It's too early to face this decision.

Great Sweater! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Now I have to figure out what to wear for Christmas! :eusa_doh:

Arrrgh...the pressure!:eek: ;) :)

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
1950's ski sweater:

sweaterlr2.jpg

BUT I have a fabulous 1950's ruby red boucle wool skirt suit that I want to wear. Maybe I'll have a morning and evening outfit!

flat-top

Thanks guys! I'll wear that sweater on Christmas Eve for the traditional massive family get together and then change into a suit for midnight mass. Christmas day is still up in the air so I'm not sure what I'm wearing yet.

Benny Holiday

Those are cool sweaters! Alas, it'll be an Aloha shirt or short-sleeved gab shirt and khakis for Christmas lunch here. If it's a typical Sydney Western Suburbs Christmas, it'll be at least 98 degrees and humid as all get-out!

hotrodmama0201

Familiar Face
My Pajamas!

Me and the hubby have decided to stay in, watch some classics and make hot buttered rums and whiskey eggnogs. We don't have any family here, all of our friends will be out of town......I'm looking forward to a nice lazy day in my PJ's.

Edward

Bartender
If all are up arly enough in time for presents before Church, I have traditionally opted to wear something of my presents (clothes typically cropping up in there somewhere). Normally a casual day, jeans do feature, though this year I may wear a button down shirt, cravat, RAF trousers (modern uniform trousers, a nice 40sesque leg and good height in the waist, no belt-loops, take button braces) and a nice pair of shoes, maybe a Navy blazer depending upon whether I'm going out in the B3 or an overcoat, which will also dictate fedora or cap.

Emer

One of the Regulars
I have a blue knit sweater I'll probably wear at some point (with my matching blue knit beret)... unfortunately as we're still living out of suitcases from our move, my wardrobe is less than ideal. I'd love to have a bright red shiny dress to prance around in, but I've been told my holiday spending has been cut off. :eusa_doh:

Rachael

A-List Customer
I was thrilled to find this vintage (I'm guessing 60's) dress over the summer, even more so to find that it matches my velvet jacket I made for last new years. This was taken last night at the company party, and the outfit will make another appearance on Christmas Eve.

n60101576_30439257_2069.jpg

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Apparently "ugly sweaters" are a hip ironic rage with people having ugly sweater parties. I discovered that many classic sweaters with deer and snowflakes are part of what's cooly uncool. I can understand the cheese they sell on HSN like the Quacker Factory stuff but beloved vintage seems to be included!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner