Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indiana Jones Grey Hat

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
He totally took my getting off the train look.

l_34b9e5e7e2954af6a1f93fda79adf871.jpg
1124275433_l.jpg

And i liked the grey better with the wider ribbon
gray41vi-vi.jpg

That's all

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
I hate to say it, but that shot of Harrison Ford made me think that the President should start wearing fedoras.

I like that shot of you Matt, and agree on the wider ribbon. Is that the film still aboard the flying boat?

-Dave

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
citRon said:
hmmm...looks brown to me.

:fing28:Troublemaker. lol

I've got my gray AB on order. I'm hoping for sometime this fall. I'll keep my eyes open for a train to get off of in the meantime.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
David Conwill said:
I hate to say it, but that shot of Harrison Ford made me think that the President should start wearing fedoras.

You're not the only one, Dave... I certainly didn't recognize that it was Harrison Ford under that hat! :eusa_doh:

Cheers,
Tom

Jerekson

One Too Many
Hah! Those guys over at the COW that keep insisting that there was no grey hat in Raiders are really in for a punch!

Edward

Bartender
Always seemed to me that the hat Indy wears in the Washington scene ("We have our top men working on it now...") at the end of Raiders was a grey one. Makes sense to me.... I don't imagine Jones would have had two identical brown hats in his wardrobe, and I think I'm correct in remembering that the jacket and hat both were lost in the submarine base, when he changes into the Wehrmacht uniform?

@ David Conwill => I thought immediately of Dubya too - he looks more like Georgey in that shot than Harrison Ford! lol

Hmmnn..... does that photo mean that Indy will be sporting a grey hat, then, to begin with, switching it for the old brown one when he digs out his adventuring gear? Interesting.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
He's gotta switch hats - he's a superhero! Superheroes have color schemes so you can recognize 'em. If a dude in a grey hat came and pulled you out of some quicksand, how would you know it was Indiana Jones and not, like, Minnesota Johnson?

MrFusion

One of the Regulars
Edward said:
Always seemed to me that the hat Indy wears in the Washington scene ("We have our top men working on it now...") at the end of Raiders was a grey one. Makes sense to me.... I don't imagine Jones would have had two identical brown hats in his wardrobe, and I think I'm correct in remembering that the jacket and hat both were lost in the submarine base, when he changes into the Wehrmacht uniform?

He also wears a gray one at the beginning when he first gets the ok to go get the Ark. I think he is on the plane going to Nepal to see Marion. (never noticed that before but I just watched Raiders this weekend with the kids)

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Like the grey with a wider ribbon do you? Well, I think Ken over at Camptown Hats may have just what you're looking for sir! Please take a gander.

100_1074.jpg

Michaelson1945002pic1-vi.jpg
Boatwright1945CCrown1-vi.jpg

P1020642-vi.jpg
P1020645-vi.jpg

IMHO, a good looking solid hat, that will do the trick for the stylish "Man about Town" just disembarking from the Starlight Express, yet it can turn around and do double duty, if necessary, for adventure running across an acient rope bridge in a jungle or desert.
Personally I think its a good looking lid. I also like the 50's look on Indy's hat as well, with it's slightly thinner ribbon. But that's just my two cents worth.

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24