Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inherited a London Fog

BogieMcFly

New in Town
My grandfather recently gave me 2 jackets, one being a light tan rain coat, one looking more like a cotton "Members Only" jacket. Now, I don't know the proper history of the Casablanca Bogie trench, but am I wrong in assuming this was the correct brand? I know the model isn't the same, as the collar is more of a Last Crusade Wested looking thing, (just a tad) and it has no epualets or waist tie, but it's a cool jacket. It's a little big for me, but it'll last longer that way!

Did I get anything similar to a Bogie Coat?

In Christ,
Shane

Bogie1943

Practically Family
Hmmm...

Well, here is the deal, the brand of the Bogie trench coat is a subject that has been pondered upon by Bogie fans for years. Perhaps we will never know! People have speculated that it was from Sears, or from come big time 5th Ave designer, this and that. The trench coat I recently found is about the closest thing I have been able to find. It is a cotton trench, with the proper length and color. The cut and pattern is the closest thing I have ever seen. I will post pics tomorrow, I would like to see some pics of yours to compare. I also have a London Fog, but it is nowhere close to the Bogie.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
London Fog trench coat...great looking jacket!

That's one great looking accessory. The sort of jacket that makes you want to go outside and do a rain dance!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner