Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Instead of Where is Waldo! Where is Jesus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Stores that sell art themed things tend to have very cool Christ themed merchandise. I used to get the best cards and things at The Museum Company. I have not had any troubles finding music and decorations. Soem of the movies I like are hard to find and I wish they still aired "The Night The Animals Talked" on TV. They still air Nestor though. :eusa_clap

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Don't forget, other people can celebrate the holiday season without having to love Jesus. There are plenty of places to buy non-secular cards. I see Christian stores here and there- why not patronize smaller stores rather than Wal-Mart?

Hear, hear! :eusa_clap

Foofoogal - I find it to be completely the opposite of your original post. I can't seem to find anything without religious connotations on it. I guess it all just depends on your point of view.

Bebop

Practically Family
Can't you find Christmas cards with Jesus as the main subject at one of the many "Christian Supply Stores"? (I love the name of this chain of stores.) Christmas cards with Jesus on them sounds like Christian supply to me.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Agreed. Despite my faith, I've had my fill of this season for a while. I'm looking forward to January.

It's one day out of the year, yet somehow it's stretched out over two months now. I'd rather see Thanksgiving get more attention.

Baron Kurtz said:
Thank the Good Lord i'm now living in a city where i can successfully hide from all the claptrap surrounding Xmas.

The most nauseating time of the year.

bk

p.s. humbug.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I sell crystal, stainless and linens and we have a beautiful Nativity set which I put out one figure a day starting on Christmas Day, but I wouldn't want to see a likeness of Jesus on something I eat off of or dry my hands on. This seems like it would be mighty hard to find, now or Golden Era. Plastic Jesuses for the dashboard of a car were controversial when I was coming up, my dad a minister considered them bordering on blasphemy.
I misunderstood the first post, thought you wanted more than one box of cards.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Foofoogal said:
I can find cards. I don't want cards. I want dinnerware, towels, etc.

And you don't want to go to a Christian supply store? And not being able to find them is discrimination?

Maybe there's just not a line around the block for them.

A.R. McVintage

In response to the thread title, is Jesus also wearing a striped shirt and a snow hat? 'Cause that's just not fair.

(in case it wasn't obvious, j/k.)

Bebop

Practically Family
Foofoogal said:
I can find cards. I don't want cards. I want dinnerware, towels, etc.

I would imagine there is not too much of a market for a dishtowel with Jesus on it but hey, what do I know. It sounds like you should start a company. If you are searching for it and can't find it, I would think there may be others doing the same. Many people have made millions filling a gap everyone else thought didn't need filling. [huh] The market for such items has turned into more or less a mockery of Jesus. I know you could find some serious Jesus items in Mexican or Latin stores and markets.

Christian Supply stores should include dinnerware with the last supper boldly painted on it. I would buy a whole set.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Bebop said:
I would imagine there is not too much of a market for a dishtowel with Jesus on it but hey, what do I know. It sounds like you should start a company. If you are searching for it and can't find it, I would think there may be others doing the same. Many people have made millions filling a gap everyone else thought didn't need filling. [huh] The market for such items has turned into more or less a mockery of Jesus. I know you could find some serious Jesus items in Mexican or Latin stores and markets.

Christian Supply stores should include dinnerware with the last supper boldly painted on it. I would buy a whole set.

I am thinking a dishtowel that replicates the shroud of turin would be cool.

Also, why stick with just Jesus. Why not put the image of Muhammoud on towels, tshirts, and such. I am sure they would be a hit with Muslims around the world.

Foofoogal

Banned
If you are searching for it and can't find it, I would think there may be others doing the same. Many people have made millions filling a gap everyone else thought didn't need filling.

This is what I mean. Why I need a manufacturer. I am not kidding. I do see a huge market. As I don't want to get into politics I will leave this alone but the discrimination and yes I call it that is extremely intentional for various reasons.
I find it very sad and very un-old fashion for lack of a better term. I also find it amazing that a teddy bear in one country can be an imprisonment and people calling for a head but in this country one wanting to honor and keep their God and religious heritage is made fun of.

Bebop

Practically Family
I think it's made fun of because not everyone believes it is holy. This country makes fun of any and all things that someone would worship or hold in high regard. It's one of those freedoms we have. It does not mean I agree but it is fact. We spare no group ridicule.

It's not discrimination to not produce something the market is not calling for. You have every right in the world to go out and put Jesus on any item you desire just as a devil worshiper has a right to do the same with the devil. What will you find at your local mall? Whichever one brings in more money.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Foofoogal said:
This is what I mean. Why I need a manufacturer. I am not kidding. I do see a huge market. As I don't want to get into politics I will leave this alone but the discrimination and yes I call it that is extremely intentional for various reasons.
I find it very sad and very un-old fashion for lack of a better term. I also find it amazing that a teddy bear in one country can be an imprisonment and people calling for a head but in this country one wanting to honor and keep their God and religious heritage is made fun of.

You're cheapening the meaning of the word discrimination into meaninglessness.

Nobody's telling you that you cannot worship as you see fit.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
reetpleat said:
I am thinking a dishtowel that replicates the shroud of turin would be cool.

Also, why stick with just Jesus. Why not put the image of Muhammoud on towels, tshirts, and such. I am sure they would be a hit with Muslims around the world.

Ah . . . no. Whoever tries that will have half of the Middle East declaring fatwas against him/her and declaring that it's a holy thing to find said offender and kill them. A school teacher in Sudan has just been arrested, interrogated and barely escaped public flogging because she let her pupils name a teddy bear "Mohammed."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/africa/11/27/sudan.bear.ap/index.html

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Benny Holiday said:
Ah . . . no. Whoever tries that will have half of the Middle East declaring fatwas against him/her and declaring that it's a holy thing to find said offender and kill them. A school teacher in Sudan has just been arrested, interrogated and barely escaped public flogging because she let her pupils name a teddy bear "Mohammed."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/africa/11/27/sudan.bear.ap/index.html

I assumed the original post was a joke, as its a sin in Islam to depict Mohammed in a drawing/picture/sculpture for any reason.

Is the suggestion of the original poster that these items (Jesus dish towels, napkins etc.) were once commonly available? But that they have become less available over time.

If not, this appears to be a case of either there ain't enough demand for big stores to stock it, or the products simply don't exist.

bk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran