Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Instead of Where is Waldo! Where is Jesus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Foofoogal said:
I can find cards. I don't want cards. I want dinnerware, towels, etc.

Wow. If I were Christian, I think I'd feel pretty strongly about this, but everyone else seems to have that covered already.

I don't want to have to go to a Christian store. Many are overpriced anyway. I want to shop for these items along with my tires or clothing or groceries.

If you are unhappy about the selection of items in your local store, consider writing a letter to the company to explain! We live in a capitalist society and your business and your money talks. If you are unhappy with your local store, you need to take your business elsewhere and stop complaining about it, if it's really that important to you. There are a lot of places I refuse to go to, even if it means going out of my way to carry out my business. Why? Because it's a matter of principle and my principles are important to me.

I feel like everything is ok here except Christianity at this point. It should be duly noted in the rules to warn others IMHO.

That's funny, Foofoogal, because I feel the exact opposite way here. As someone who does not believe in God, there are many threads that I just steer clear of here because I find the Christian presence to be disturbing and overwhelming. But look, I don't claim myself to be a victim because of it. This is a free, open and public forum where, for the most part, everyone seems to have a pretty fair amount of respect for everyone else. Anyone who doesn't like it is always welcome to leave. I'm sure there are many Christian forums out there where you would not feel persecuted.

Amazing the younger generation is willing to throw away all the work of the earlier generations

Funny, that. It's what younger generations have been doing since the very beginning of time. It is an individual's way of asserting his or her own individuality - something that makes us uniquely human.
---

All that said, I am actually appalled at the number of Christmas-centric cards that I've been finding all over town this year. I will buy "holiday" cards only, and even in Boston - the epicenter of the "Liberal conspiracy" - I am finding a lack of decent non-Christmas holiday cards.

My holiday tradition is to get the most ridiculous cat holiday cards I can find, but I have a hard time. I'm being discriminated against.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
KittyT said:
That's funny, Foofoogal, because I feel the exact opposite way here. As someone who does not believe in God, there are many threads that I just steer clear of here because I find the Christian presence to be disturbing and overwhelming. But look, I don't claim myself to be a victim because of it. This is a free, open and public forum where, for the most part, everyone seems to have a pretty fair amount of respect for everyone else. Anyone who doesn't like it is always welcome to leave. I'm sure there are many Christian forums out there where you would not feel persecuted.

All that said, I am actually appalled at the number of Christmas-centric cards that I've been finding all over town this year. I will buy "holiday" cards only, and even in Boston - the epicenter of the "Liberal conspiracy" - I am finding a lack of decent non-Christmas holiday cards.

My holiday tradition is to get the most ridiculous cat holiday cards I can find, but I have a hard time. I'm being discriminated against.

Kitty - I am so whole-heartedly in agreement with your post above. I've been trying to keep my mouth shut during this post, but you really touched on my own feelings about this subject and I wanted to show my support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran