Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Interesting Stetson Open Road article

carldelo

One Too Many
Inusuit said:
If this has been posted or linked before, I apologize. Thought it was in interesting bit of history on the Open Road at Colorado School of Mines.

http://www.alumnifriends.mines.edu/fun_stuff/mines_stetson/default.htm

Interesting story, I never knew my engineering antecedents sported the Stetson Open Road by choice. Maybe the engineering link is what explains my inate preference of Stetson over Akubra...

carldelo

One Too Many
Boodles said:
Check out the bash in that Stetson ad. What in heck in that? Is it possible?

Yeah, that's a weird rectangular bash, alright - the dome portion actually appears to have the profile of a hard hat. This article makes me want to get an Open Road and turn it into an engineer's hat. It would have to be a new one though, I doubt there's a vintage 7-3/4 out there for me...

HATCO

Vendor
This is a similar crease that we do called the brick. To answer your question yes it is possible.

b17908holtgm4.jpg

carldelo

One Too Many
HATCO said:
This is a similar crease that we do called the brick. To answer your question yes it is possible.

Hi Hatco - what are the chances of getting a new, but open-crowned Stetson OR without too much stiffener? I appear to be developing a hankering for a real engineer's lid. Cheers, Carl

HATCO

Vendor
It's a possibility. Stiffener is interesting...Before there were numerous threads that we have too much stiffener in our hats.. now I see some where there isn't enough!! [huh]

I myself prefer very little stiffener.

carldelo said:
Hi Hatco - what are the chances of getting a new, but open-crowned Stetson OR without too much stiffener? I appear to be developing a hankering for a real engineer's lid. Cheers, Carl

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy