Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this overcoat ok for a 1930's-40's impression?

BowlofRice

New in Town
Hi, my birthday's coming up soon and instead of a uniform I might just get some new coats and hats for my 1930's-style wardrobe. I came across this coat on Ebay, it's my size, it's double breasted, it's the color I like, and it's not outrageously expensive. Is it okay for a 1930's-40's impression? That's all I'm wondering. Thanks!

Here's the link:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/MARK-SHALE-1...48?pt=US_CSA_MC_Outerwear&hash=item27bd93376c

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
The notch lapels combined with the double breasted buttoning isn't something I've ever seen on a '30s or a '40s overcoat. It was done on '20s coats, but not like that. Real deal '30s coats aren't very hard to find, generally have superior materials and workmanship, and in my experience, can be picked up for a fair bit less than that coat.

BowlofRice

New in Town
Yes, I was thinking the same thing, the lapels on 30's coats are a bit different. Well, what I mean by "instead of a uniform" is that I collect East German military uniforms, and I wanted one for my birthday. However, my parents don't understand, they think I will wear it in public (which I won't) and my dad keeps saying, "Well, if you're not going to wear it, then why do you need it to fit you?" So I'm thinking my dad would let me buy it, but not in my size. As much as I won't wear it, I still want it to fit me! Personally, I think it would be a waste of money buying an East German uniform that doesn't fit. So, I might stop collecting them if my parents won't even listen to me when I try to talk. I'm going back to collecting 1930's style clothes now...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy