Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this Panama any good?

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Panama1.jpg

I know it's only a picture but any experts care to offer an opinion on what they see? I know it's not particularly fine quality but I also know that it has a leather sweatband inside and that the brim-edge is woven-in... but being a novice to the world of Panamas, I'd like any feedback.
I just like the dimensions of it and it's my size...
What is it worth?...
Many thanks,
BT.

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
Low dollar Cuenca hat. The "cholas" in Cuenca can weave these in a few hours. My opinion. We sell very similar on ebay for $10.00 or so initial bid on auction, about $20.00-30.00 for one hat shipping. We sell them on website for more.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Bob...

Thanks Mister, that's all I wanted- an educated opinion-
-and that's how I rate yours.
It is in fact an $11 hat- shipping from close by. I didn't want to spend the shipping money at present.
So, I guess that's OK then. I don't need to upgrade to a $30(or a lot more) hat yet, I'm just testing the water, this is just a taster for me- see if I can live with it.
You'll be my first port of call when the time comes...

Thanks a bunch,
BT.

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
You know this is a Cuenca, not Montecristi, same material, chemically treated...doesn't hold a prayer next to even the most coarse Montecristi?

For $11.00 you'd get yourself a bargain, no doubt, however.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy