Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this what we, as a society have come to?

Henry Gondorff

A-List Customer
That is scandalous. What the heck do you need your cell phone for while getting married? Is there really something more important? Then don't get married!

Edward

Bartender
The bride was updating her Facebook status from Single to Married. .

I suppose that's not the same as reply to a random text, or anything.... presumably she thought it would be cute to do it at the exact moment it happened. Wouldn't be my personal style. Didn't look like the groom was thrilled either. lol

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Not much different from this:

"I am happy now that George calls on my bedchamber less frequently than of old. As it is, I now endure but two calls a week, and when I hear his steps outside my door I lie down on my bed, close my eyes, open my legs, and think of England."

-- Diary of Lady Alice Hillingdon, 1912

ha!!!!

Edward

Bartender
Eesh!

I would guess that is exactly what it was. A pointless text to someone who didn't attend the ceremony but worth interruping wedding nuptials over?

I may have misread, but I thought it had been confirmed above that it was a facebook update of her marital status.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey you never know!
I've been wracking my brain for a witty comment about her texting the guy who doesn't wear pink to his wedding. :D

I kinda wondered about this too. It's bad enough that he's doing the whole cookie-cut tux rental thing, and then to don a pink necktie and vest...nothing against wearing pink, but for gad sake!

And please correct me if I'm wrong (can't get the video to play at work) but are there only satin accents on his lapel? Please forgive this comment coming from a gentleman that owns a modern notch-lapel evening jacket, but good lord...

(I know, listen to me, the cynic. Far be it from me to comment on someone's style choice. I shouldn't be so critical, yada yada...)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav