Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jack Purcells, Khakis, and what socks?

jph712

New in Town
Let's just say I'm planning on the combination of a Lansky Bros. bowling shirt, khakis and Jack Purcells. What would be the 'right' socks to wear with this?

If you've never had the chance to talk with Mr. Lansky at the Peabody Hotel in Memphis you've missed a real treat.

JPH712

jph712

New in Town
Wool alternatives...

I am mildly allergic to wool. If I were to wear wool socks my feet would feel swollen, like after a Trans-Pacific plane flight.

JPH712

Salv

One Too Many
jph712 said:
Let's just say I'm planning on the combination of a Lansky Bros. bowling shirt, khakis and Jack Purcells. What would be the 'right' socks to wear with this?

If you've never had the chance to talk with Mr. Lansky at the Peabody Hotel in Memphis you've missed a real treat.

JPH712

Fine cotton the same colour as the shoes.

I had a chat with Mr. Lansky in May 2003 when I was in Memphis for the opening of the Stax Museum. I'd just bought a Memphis Mafia shirt from the Clothier To The King range in the shop to the left of the entrance, and I wandered into the other shop and Mr. Lansky came over to see if I needed any help, and proceeded to show me around the shop. Great old-fashioned service, from a man who clearly loves his job. As you say, a real treat.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
The Wingnut said:
Match the pants or the color of the shoes. White socks stand out way too much.
I was assuming that the JP's were white but a quick search uncovered a myriad of colors being offered, including these :eek:

042206_liberty_purcell.jpg

Actually, I kinda' like them.[huh]

The Wingnut

One Too Many
You can get JPs(no, not jamespowers, he's not for sale) and All Stars in just about any flavor you like these days. Same for PF Flyers(me and my 4 pairs...).

Variety is the spice of life...of course, 'variety' includes a lot of tacky junk, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran