Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jacket ribbing

Doug C

Practically Family
Greg, USWings sells some. I haven't tried them because they haven't answered a message I sent asking if they're 100% wool as they should be. The website description is kind of vague... something to the effect of "match original specs." but without being more specific I've been shy to order them. The price is good though. You can also get them from vintagereproduction which gets them from japan. But it looks like dark brown is your only choice no matter which place you get them from. This subject is a great annoyance to me, I mean I've searched the net time and again looking for these being produced in the US and it appears that virtually nobody make these anymore. I'm blown away by that because they're such a simple item, knitted wool.. I mean come on. Why in the world would this loose favor and cease to be produced. Grrrr :rage:

dr greg

One Too Many
what is it with the yanks and postage

:eek:fftopic: Thanks for the tips guys but US Wings charges $40 S/H for something that could get to this country for $10 tops! this happens with items on US ebay ALL THE TIME :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: they want 40-50 bucks to send things that cost less than 10 normally, It's not as if I live in upper Bongoland...the thing was ordered on a COMPUTER!! it's got to the point where I just won't bid on stuff over there any more.
The UK or European sellers on ebay never try it on, but I've had endless conflict and squabbles with US sellers over this practise...can anybody tell me why?

Kt Templar

One of the Regulars
Beats me. A couple of sets of knits should go in a small packet parcel and cost no more than about $10-15 to send.

Wings made me jump through flaming hoops when I tried to order some clearance jackets a couple of years ago from the UK. 1st they wouldn't accept AMERICAN Express, then wanted to charge me $100 shipping.

You could possibly ask Amanda at Aero, though they might say no. There is no harm in asking.

Doug C

Practically Family
Yea, that's rediculous and probably the worst of shipping prices that I've heard of. You'd think they'd realize the way they're hurting themselves with a quote like that. I suppose alot of places just don't care to increase their business. If your in the UK, wouldn't it be better to buy from japan anyway ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn